Chocolate Eggs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I stopped buying Cadbury products when the American owners closed the factory they had promised to keep open and their CEO refused to answer to the Commons Committee tasked with questioning them.
Why do we allow foreign owners? Watch latest with GKN, another screwup in the making and the passport fiasco. What happened to good old common sense instead of blindly following rules.

Because we just do, and always have done. It's UK M&A rules. The same ones that have just caused Unilever to give up joint Dutch/British listings. The same rules that meant so many of our industrial and commercial businesses acquired foreign owners in the 80's and 90's.

Well I feel optimusprime may well have been spot on...

I'm having mine with custard - made with milk from Taranaki. Share the joy, joy to the world the king has come, oh no that's that other festive season - But I can feel the presents.
Could this be the sign from DRUK that I was asking for? Maybe we should we wait for Manc to tell us what to do here, he might be able to find Easter on there instead of hollow egg & make everything alright, what's a hollow egg? Should I have it with my Flake and Custard? Oh I'm really not sure - where's the nurse...? NURSE! Am I still allowed to go to Church this morning and ask for forgiveness...?

P1000147 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:
^^In your long history of odd posts, your announcement that you eat Easter eggs with custard surely ranks as the oddest.......

^^In your long history of odd posts, your announcement that you eat Easter eggs with custard surely ranks as the oddest.......

Why? What’s not to like? Warm/hot custard melting the chocolate sounds sublime.

Is that good or bad? Not familiar with Gopping. :)

It means that it's about as appealing as cutting the top off your Easter egg and filling it with cold baked beans.

And if you really must melt your egg into hot custard (assuming that hot custard is your preference) then you may as well buy a Flake / Dairy Milk / Wispa / chocolate bar of choice and melt that instead. The end result would be exactly the same but at a quarter of the price.

And if you really must melt your egg into hot custard (assuming that hot custard is your preference) then you may as well buy a Flake / Dairy Milk / Wispa / chocolate bar of choice and melt that instead. The end result would be exactly the same but at a quarter of the price.

Now then, an idea

Half an Easter egg in a bowl. Fill the egg with hot custard. Canny do that with flake/Dairy Milk/Wispa :D

It means that it's about as appealing as cutting the top off your Easter egg and filling it with cold baked beans.

My sister once filled some mince pies with Branston pickle, as a practical joke on a friend who (bizarrely) had never tried one before.

My sister once filled some mince pies with Branston pickle, as a practical joke on a friend who (bizarrely) had never tried one before.

When at school, a friend of mine used to make fake dog poo out of peanut butter, cocoa powder and crushed Weetabix. On the way to / from school, he would "accidentally" stand in it, wipe it off on his hands and then chase around after his terrified classmates.

But I digress.......

When at school, a friend of mine used to make fake dog poo out of peanut butter, cocoa powder and crushed Weetabix. On the way to / from school, he would "accidentally" stand in it, wipe it off on his hands and then chase around after his terrified classmates.

But I digress.......

You [and your friends] did that and I'm odd, can't say I ever played around with sh1t at school, but infirm Gaylene did - poor girl.

See Scott you're odd here too matey, I never announced that I eat Easter eggs with custard, I said I was going to, and they are hollow eggs not Easter eggs any more; you're not another one of these pathological liars are you, I'll bet you never went to school, or maybe you did, and that's where you got your training from...? :):) One of the favorite places to hang for the TLVF's are schools...

Price, price! What I do is priceless. If you get the box I got it all comes together, so we can all hold our own and dip it in the custard or fill the egg directly.

Have you ever tried peanut butter and honey on toast?

Ah, but in the canine world, it's all okay. You can buy an "Easter Egg" for a dog (made of carob of course). Would that be because dogs can't read and thus can't be offended?

I've I'd known to look I would have actively boycotted any manufacturer that had chosen to be so stupidly PC. If most people did the same we'd soon see commercial reality change their minds. Those that are offended by the word Easter can of course forgo the national holiday and go into work.

I've I'd known to look I would have actively boycotted any manufacturer that had chosen to be so stupidly PC. If most people did the same we'd soon see commercial reality change their minds. Those that are offended by the word Easter can of course forgo the national holiday and go into work.

Do you know of anyone (or indeed have you ever even heard of anyone) being offended by the word "Easter" ?

No, me neither.

Reactions: Ted

It's even more ludicrous when you consider christianity and islam is the same root religion. Only divergence now is that one forgives and forgets, the other fires and forgets :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom