Choosing the right extras for an A45.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

engmpoll

Car
Soon the be an E63 Owner
Hi Everyone,

Looking at adding an A45 to my E63. The wife has fallen in love with it after her test drive, must admit I was very taken by it also. Just wanted to get a concensus on what any A45 owners thought were good optional extras and which weren't worth the money. Also, anyone got any tails of woe with regards to running 19s over 18s. The demonstrator we took out had 18s on but the dealer told us the 19s can make the ride a little crashy.

Appreciate any feedback you can offer.

Rear wing
Front aero
Perf steering wheel
19" black wheels
Red calipers
Sports exhaust
Privacy glass
Red dash stitching

Spec Id personally go for in white, black or grey followed by downpipes and remap :)

Make sure you get a Facelift one - not sure what the buildtime is at the moment, but the facelift model will be unveiled in the next month.

I got mine in Oct 2014 with the following and not regretted any of the options, I only got want I really wanted/needed as you could spend 10k on optional extras without even thinking
Reverse camera
Performance steering wheel
Aero pack
19" black wheels (Yes a little hard if you want to notice this)
Red calipers
Performance exhaust
Sat Nav
White
Then had a Brabus engine tune, which kept the warranty

Well finally made the order, the car is actually for the wife so she made the choices to suit her. Not what I'd of chosen but it keeps the peace. Must admit I'm really impressed with the performance of the thing, a to b it would leave my E63 struggling.

Quite tempted by an CLA45 Sport Brake now. Need a bit of a boot for the practicality side of things and the dog.

How do you go about getting the Brabus upgrade without affecting the warranty? Direct to Brabus or via the main dealer?

Contact MB at Harrogate, they place the order with Brabus, the parts turn up at your specified delivery address, book it in at any MB dealer, Brabus take over the engine and drivetrain warranty. If anything goes wrong you take the car to MB, not Brabus

I like how red calipers is an extra for a 40k hatchback. What a rip off.

Grovsie31 said:
I like how red calipers is an extra for a 40k hatchback. What a rip off.

In fairness red/coloured calipers cost extra on plenty of cars a lot more expensive than an A45 !

Indeed, and they all the take the piss as well.

Id find it insulting to pay an extra for a 'sports exhaust' on a Porsche for example. What the hell is on standard?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom