Chorleywood Classic Car Show Saturday 27th July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Charles Morgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes 250CE W114, Alfa Romeo GT Coupe 3.2 V6
I am exhibiting my Citroen SM at the above event, from 10 am to 4pm on Chorleywood Common - hog roast, bars, tea, BBQ, jazz band and numerous other attractions and all in aid of Help for Heroes and Chorleywood Cricket Club.

Chorleywood is just outside the M25 on the A404 to the North West of London, so very easy to get to. I hope to see new and old faces there, say hello.

I had hoped to take the Allard but it has a dodgy wheel bearing and I doubt it will be fixed in time.

If you have a nice old car - contact [email protected] and see if there's space.

Sounds like an excellent opportunity to give Sybil a run. Cleaning , polishing ,waxing with R2D2 is taking place tomorrow evening so may be looking bright and shiny too.

I'd like to see Sybil!

Here is a gallery of some of the cars coming - it's rather old-fashioned as you have to scroll down on the left.

CM, do you go to Croxley Green, usually first Weds in August? I'm not sure of the date yet, but I normally take the JZR, as they are a bit more flexible on what they allow on "Classics on the Green", they like 'interesting' cars, and a 3 wheeler Morgan tribute built in the 1990s is OK.

Not been to Croxley Green - googling reveals it to be a Wednesday afternoon 7th August. I'll see how things go - I tend to prefer trials and hill climbs to shows, but was persuaded to attend Chorleywood.

Managed to postin wrong thread but among many other great cars there is a Mercedes 300sl Gullwing in exquisite condition so if you want sunshine as well, come and say hi - i'm in the gold SM!

I spent much of the afternoon searching for Sybil and no doubt in the process missed Mike if he came round. A shame as it would have been a nice little car in a well-mixed show. Photos to come, the weather was stunning, none of the forecast rain thank heavens.

Now having a nice cup of tea!

Organisational disaster occurred caused entirely by my good self.

Abolutely convinced date was today rather than yesterday and didn't bother to check before setting out this morning.
What a lovely area Chorleywood is and such a beautiful deserted cricket pitch/ground too. M25 was clear too so only took 40 mins
I did see an old green LT Country coach though which was something to remember and hopefully I will do, but not too sure at the moment. Doh!

Another time Charles and thanks for trying to find me.

So I'd spent the day chatting to SM admirers, genial classic car owners, the well known number plate obsessive Mocas, stuffing myself with bacon butties, hog roast, ice creams, home made cake, lots of cups of tea and stalking around the field sounding like a demented Basil Fawlty going "Sybil, here Sybil, Sybil, where are you Sybil?" and you arrived a day late!?

Hey ho, it was worth it anyway, my arrival behind a silver Gullwing 300SL being somewhat of a Brucie bonus.

I think the term "What a plonker Rodney" fits in here somewhere!

Organisational disaster occurred caused entirely by my good self.

Abolutely convinced date was today rather than yesterday and didn't bother to check before setting out this morning.
What a lovely area Chorleywood is and such a beautiful deserted cricket pitch/ground too. M25 was clear too so only took 40 mins
I did see an old green LT Country coach though which was something to remember and hopefully I will do, but not too sure at the moment. Doh!

Another time Charles and thanks for trying to find me.

Picture of the RF referred to above plus a couple from MB World on the way back home.

View attachment 38047

View attachment 38048

View attachment 38049

Last edited:
The worship of the Golden calf

Ohmachtigegott_zps29c5a0eb.jpg

and the dogs to tear

AC_zps0204ba3d.jpg

Sheep may safely graze

Lam1_zps53f09313.jpg

Oh for the wing of a dove

Proper300SL_zps163f8388.jpg

300SL3_zps6cbbc613.jpg

300SL2_zps71d94974.jpg

ISO Grifo (with a mere 7.5 litre big block Chevy under the bonnet - owner a delightful Kiwi and opera singer)

ISo_zpsbdf826e0.jpg

ISO2_zpscd2a9e8b.jpg

ISO3_zpsa976634b.jpg

Lots of other cars, but can't be bothered tonight.

Last edited:
Whose car is that Charles, not Kiri’s surely! Looks like it might be on LPG/CNG??

Alas, I can't recall his name, but he was certainly not Kiri te Kanawa, and it's on petrol. His ex-wife's father in law was the Allard agent in Auckland by coincidence.

I see.

What is the gauge for Charles, did they say...?

No idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom