Chris Evans leaving bbc

• Thread starter Deleted member 131833
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 131833

i will miss him, think he is an entertainer. He got it wrong with top gear though.

As long as he is not replaced by Jeremy vine! Cannot stand the programme although it is not aimed at me. The CD button on Comand is referred to as the JV button.

i will miss him, think he is an entertainer. He got it wrong with top gear though.

As long as he is not replaced by Jeremy vine! Cannot stand the programme although it is not aimed at me. The CD button on Comand is referred to as the JV button.
I can't stand JV either. As he has taken over from Matthew Wright on the Wright Stuff (now going to be called Jeremy Vine I think) and is still doing his lunchtime slot on Radio 2, I'm pretty confident he won't be doing the breakfast show too.

As for Chris Evans, I quite like him and hope he does well in his new venture.

Jeremy Vine & Vanessa Feltz are the two most irritating “presenters” on BBC Radio.

With Evans leaving and the current gender bias over-compensation at the BBC, it’s an odds-on certainty that the new incumbent will be female.

If it were Sarah Cox, I’d be more than happy. At least she has a personality and is entertaining. As a quid pro quo get rid of Fuzzy Feltz and bring back Alex Lester in the early breakfast slot. Job done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never been a huge Evan's fan but if they put Sarah Cox on that will be the end of breakfast radio 2 show for me. I really can't stand the woman she just grates on me

Good Riddance, about as funny as a fart in a spacesuit. I haven't listened to Radio 2 breakfast since Terry Wogan RIP retired
I looked forward to Wigan’s dulcet Irish drawl gently easing me into the morning and was crestfallen when he retired and then replaced by the complete opposite; Chris Evans is the type of man who could tell you that you’d just won the lottery and still somehow make it about him.

Never been a big fan of his whiny voice, no worse than Jeremy Vine who knows absolutely nothing about music as he has shown on many occasions and I find him a bit insincere and tabloid like. Steve Wright I dislike as he talks over the music under the impression he is more important than the music he's playing. I suppose Ken Bruce is OK at least he doesn't talk over the music and I like the pop quiz despite rarely scoring a full house. I listen in to Ken Bruce and don't really bother listening to the others unless I'm somewhere where I have no choice. Bit of a mild rant this really.

Chris Evans plans his show out by drawing around a CD to make a clock and repeating for the 3 hours or whatever that he is on.

He then splits each clock face into segments and fills each segment with his guff.

That is why it's boring, it's the same stuff at the same time every morning.

I appreciate that others do the same and events like the news are set in stone but other DJs cover this up by being interesting, Chris tries to cover it up by being Timmy Mallet's protege.

I liked it at first but it became too formulaic very quickly.

Steve Wright makes me shudder, not in a good way.

Sara Cox gets my vote. Proper Northern Lass.

I quite like the rest of Radio 2’s daytime line-up although Simon Mayo isn’t my cuppa tea. Luckily I’m generally home well before he comes on.

I really do have to change stations when V. Feltz sits in for JV.

I quite like Lisa Tarbuck too.

I liked C Evans in the early years but he has become rather self obsessed often asking his guests a 5 paragraph question that only seems to warrant a one word answer :rolleyes:. However, he’s done wonders for Children In Need. Good on him for that alone.

I quite like Lisa Tarbuck too.
On her Saturday evening show she’s as mad as a bucket of frogs, and none the worse for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom