Chris Evans leaving bbc

• Thread starter Deleted member 131833
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I looked forward to Wigan’s dulcet Irish drawl gently easing me into the morning and was crestfallen when he retired and then replaced by the complete opposite; Chris Evans is the type of man who could tell you that you’d just won the lottery and still somehow make it about him.

I couldn't agree more, i still laugh to myself about 'Janet and John' and Wogan nearly wetting himself whilst reading them.

Moving on a bit, is it just me that thinks paring Jo Wylie with Simon Mayo is an absolute Frucking disaster ? mainly for her credibility, she is a bit of a 'rock chick' (sorry Jo) and Mayo is more like a 'disc jockey' who has an entertaining show which is polar opposite to Wylie's radio history.
The move might have made Wylie's pay packet swell and some suit in the BBC feel better about himself in the process but I don't think its working.

Moving on a bit, is it just me that thinks paring Jo Wylie with Simon Mayo is an absolute Frucking disaster ? mainly for her credibility, she is a bit of a 'rock chick' (sorry Jo) and Mayo is more like a 'disc jockey' who has an entertaining show which is polar opposite to Wylie's radio history.
The move might have made Wylie's pay packet swell and some suit in the BBC feel better about himself in the process but I don't think its working.

No, it’s not just you. They have taken two “good” things and created one very bad thing. It is at times cringeworthy. They just do not get it, either in style or content. What was the thinking here? I thought Simon Mayo’s Show was great as it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sarah Kennedy , :)

I’ll get me coat

Do you not mean you will get your anorak? :rolleyes:

perhaps we might get a proper dj next time not an overpaid "celeb" who thinks he is more important than the radio station paying his wages.

(no I dont like the man, does it show?)

No, it’s not just you. They have taken two “good” things and created one very bad thing
+1

This is all a very obvious part of the BBC’s “gender equality” drive, and is a fine example of taking two things that weren’t broken and fixing them into one abject failure.

Both are excellent broadcasters, but putting the two together has diminished each of them, with the whole being massively less than the sum of the parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I would be happier with a DJ that did not cost 1.6 million pounds. There should be a substancial saving to the BBC finances after he leaves. Unless of course there is some sort of Golden Handshake payment all lined up as his Christmas present.
(Akin to the TSB boss who has just resigned with a 1.7 million payoff. Not really relevant, but how can these people ever spend this much cash.)
Embattled TSB boss leaves with £1.2m in pay and a £480,000 bonus

Paul Pester, who stepped down amid ongoing technical problems at the bank, is going to receive a payout totalling almost £1.7m.

Can’t be doing with the female dj’s. They all irritate me in one way or another. Particularly that Sarah Cox, I find her “gushing drivel” annoying. If I wanted to listen to a woman in the morning I always have SWMBO.

Simon Mayo might make a good candidate or maybe there is a good outside candidate.

Years ago I worked in south London for a while and listened to Capital (I think) At the time Chris Tarant did a good job.

Can’t be doing with the female dj’s. They all irritate me in one way or another. Particularly that Sarah Cox, I find her “gushing drivel” annoying. If I wanted to listen to a woman in the morning I always have SWMBO.

Simon Mayo might make a good candidate or maybe there is a good outside candidate.

Years ago I worked in south London for a while and listened to Capital (I think) At the time Chris Tarant did a good job.
Chris Tarrant was in an enormous salary for the times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom