Christmas has come early..................

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scooby_Doo

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Macan S
I bought a set of 18" AMG alloys last year , to run over the winter instead of my 19" multispokes.
Two of the four were as new , one had a 25mm graze and one was refurbished ,Being the fussy bugger that I am I've been on the lookout for at least one good wheel since then but there are some seriously overpriced and SERIOUSLY KERBED alloys on e-bay. Well Christmas came early on Friday when a listing for four 18" AMG wheels appeared , listed as new with tyres , (heard that one before, usually refurbed). Well I picked them up today and OMG , OMG - they hadn't been driven on the road , fitted with Bridgestone Potenza S001 (MO) tyres complete with tyre pressure monitors and black MB centre caps , they were absolutely mint. Paid £900 ,Tyres alone are worth £480 , TPMs and caps £150 - thank you Santa - he wasn't really called Santa but....

My other half thinks I'm mad , 1 car and twelve wheels.

IMG_1165A.JPG IMG_1166A.JPG

They are suspiciously cheap!

£900 is a good price.

Most likely the owner replaced them with aftermarket alloys as soon as they got their new car.

The seller has contacts in the motor trade and has numerous alloys for sale , all makes. These were taken off a brand new 17 plate car and stored since then. The tyres are dated 06 17 (rears) and 04 17 (fronts) which would tally. I don't think my 19"s are going to see the road for a while , must admit the ride on 18"s is much smoother.
Regarding the suspiciously cheap comment - I was expecting to see a refurbished set , at which point I would have walked away ,but they were new and unused , there are some honest sellers on ebay. Over the past year I've spotted so many apparent "unmarked" alloys that are actually refurbished. Main giveaway is that the 10mm holes near the wheelbolt holes have no chamfers , which have been machined down when refurbished. I think that the bottom left wheel in the set that's for sale on this forum has been refubished . Sorry if I'm wrong but the chamfers seem to be missing, it'somtimes difficult to see in photos.

Last edited:
The seller has contacts in the motor trade and has numerous alloys for sale , all makes. These were taken off a brand new 17 plate car and stored since then. The tyres are dated 06 17 (rears) and 04 17 (fronts) which would tally. I don't think my 19"s are going to see the road for a while , must admit the ride on 18"s is much smoother.

I have just bought 2 sets of 19s :D is the ride really that bad?

Ride with the 19"s is fine, it's just that it's smother with 18"s. I've not been tempted to swop to 18" during the warmer months.
The 19's have the dreaded runflats and the 18's are normal tyres.

I’ve just listed a set of these for sale in mint condition with decent tyres, tpms and genuine center caps for £600! And I thought they were a tad expensive. And then you say you paid £900 maybe mine are too cheap [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ve just listed a set of these for sale in mint condition with decent tyres, tpms and genuine center caps for £600! And I thought they were a tad expensive. And then you say you paid £900 maybe mine are too cheap
I saw your wheels as I posted my original thread yesterday, bear in mind that mine had 4 brand new Bridgstone Potenza fitted and one of your wheels (bottom Left) looks as if it's been refurbished then £600 might a tad expensive.
I might have been interested if I hadn't already picked this set up.

Last edited:
No none have been refurbished mate. They were removed from my own w205 coupe due to upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No none have been refurbished mate. They were removed from my own w205 coupe due to upgrade.

You know best, it must be the angle the photo was taken as I can't see any chamfers and the holes are smaller on that one than the other 3

Last edited:
This is my little prezzzzzz to my self . Sorry wont let me post picture said once again its to large hu camera is set on small so whats the problem with the site .

Are you using a laptop or tab ?
On laptop just resize it in MS picture viewer , right click on the picture choose "resize" and "best for emails" ,and save it as a new photo.

Nice. I recently saw some 19" as new w205 c63s alloys/tyres go for a touch over £700. Some seriois bargains out there

Fantastic. I'm after a set but with winter tyres !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom