Christmas is coming...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

imadoofus

MB Enthusiast
Car
This and that.
And the kids are getting greedy.

So, we haven't got our own children (Yay!), but we have nieces and nephews.

Ages from 7 to 11.

What are kids into these days?

TIA

PJ

Cannot go wrong with a token silly gift plus money.

Saves time and effort and also releases you from the danger of getting it horribly wrong.

Satch said:
Cannot go wrong with a token silly gift plus money.

You haven't met my sister! :(

I did cash a couple of years ago, and the percieved "lack of effort" on my part caused such a row, that I've been tempted to not bother at all since, but that'll create an even bigger fuss...

discounting the obvious things like a wrap of whizz and a flickknife, all the children aged 7+ I've come into contact with are semi permanently connected to Nintendo thingies doing 'brain training' and such like.

Aside from that, I'd get them something you'd like to play with on christmas day.

Ade :D

i just ask my sis what to get it's the easy opp:)

Ade B said:
Aside from that, I'd get them something you'd like to play with on christmas day.

Yeah, I think everyone's beginning to see through that one. It's when they take off the wrapping paper, and I say "I've already put batteries in it". :D

You haven't met my sister! :(

I did cash a couple of years ago, and the percieved "lack of effort" on my part caused such a row, that I've been tempted to not bother at all since, but that'll create an even bigger fuss...

Such ingratitude. But it is ultimately her problem, not yours.

My attitude to Christmas is that the modern day version is for only of enjoyment to children, the feeble minded and retailers. I approach it on my own terms as a fun non commercial event and if anybody does not like that, tough :devil:

bigstuff said:
i just ask my sis what to get it's the easy opp:)

We're back to the 'lack of effort' thing again.

Honestly, she's a nightmare :crazy:

You can't go wrong with those miniature RC helicopters (if they don't have one already)! Just remember the batteries...
smallest_helicopter_lightest.jpg

Is that a PicooZ thing?

If so, I've just bought one, so I'm on the right lines :)

One down, six to go...

Yup! My niece (10) loved the little thing, and it actually takes a lot of punishment (crashing into tables, roof, TV etc.). :)

You can't go wrong with those miniature RC helicopters (if they don't have one already)! Just remember the batteries...
smallest_helicopter_lightest.jpg

TopTip: do not buy these if there is a lively dog or over ambitious cat around:crazy:

But I digress. Some years ago I found the Christmas cards to beat them all. It was actually during a previous economic crisis.

Cards were tiny, to the extent that once the stamp was on not much room to write the address. Upon opening the envelope a badly printed image of a miserable looking Father Christmas on cheap paper was revealed. Inside it bore the legend:

Pay small
Times hard
Here's your ****ing Christmas card

Just go away for Xmas & come back in the new year

Just go away for Xmas & come back in the new year

Yep, me too, saves all that awkward which arm of the family is doing lunch waste of time too and the general logistics of who is where and when and of going round sainsburys with every andriod and zombie armed with a trolly and screaming brats and the general inter-family bitching that goes on (maybe thats just my family)

I will be on a plane with my nearest and dearest having a white xmas in austria and drinking Jagermeister until I cant speak

mountain bikers - we create our own path through the forest!!!

Some one had to say it!

HUMBUG!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom