Christmas lights? Unnecessary tat or Xmas spirit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lennox

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
GTD /A6 Ultra - Merc next time!!
Well my lights are up and I really like them

7a320154d9058f9c749fd17be7201866.jpg

but Neighbour drove past yesterday shaking his head.... too early? Too much? Or was it Scrouge??

Go go Lenny. You've got my full support. Looks fab. :thumb:

Ignore the neighbour. What harm are you doing? :dk:

Why not turn your thread into 'The Christmas Thread? Maybe invite everyone to post pics of their decs?

Ant.

Looks great to me. Some grumpy buggers around!

Looks ok to me. Traditionally its too early but tradition has been overtaken. If it makes you and your family happy thats the main thing.

Looks fine to me, in fact probably minimal compared to some of my neighbours. I don't see the problem with it, kids love it that's the main thing.

Watched Elf last night so there's nothing wrong with spreading Christmas spirit! ;)

Looks ok to me. Traditionally its too early but tradition has been overtaken. If it makes you and your family happy thats the main thing.

Half the estate have lights up and there are even Xmas trees making an appearance. My excuse is that I'm flat out till the week before Xmas so it was done when I had time...

Go go Lenny.
Why not turn your thread into 'The Christmas Thread? Maybe invite everyone to post pics of their decs?

Ant.

How do you change the subject header and I will change it?

I don't think you can mate. But people will soon get to know.

Or simply start another thread?

, kids love it that's the main thing.

Nail on head Ash. Creating wonderful magical memories is what it's about. And joining in is so important even if it doesn't excit you.

Yes Elf is a great fun film. :thumb:

So the Grinch drives a car now?

Looks great. Well done
icon14.gif

We are going a little American. Must have bigger lights than next door.

Happytalk73 said:
Nail on head Ash. Creating wonderful magical memories is what it's about. And joining in is so important even if it doesn't excit you. Yes Elf is a great fun film. :thumb:

There's one house locally in Rushden which made great effort every year and was locally well known. Situated at the corner of a busy T-junction of traffic lights and we'd make our dad drive past it, kids remember things!

Why bigger lights than next door even if you havd one.

Looking superb big man , I like it !!!

I'll be honest - I think those lights are perfect for the house.
And now we are in December it's game on.

Neighbour was probably thinking "it's time to put mine up"

My neighbour opposite put his lights up on 1st, for me around 10th would be the time, mainly to keep the missus happy, and the grandchildren when they come round, it's another job as you get older!! More important is the real meaning of Christmas, the clue's in the name.

Not too early, it's December. They look really good, just put mine up today, earlier than usual but a sunny dry day and an hour to spare made it easy. Merry Crimbo all, including the grinch.

Last edited:
Cheers lads, I wish I could reach the top of all of the peaks but my 3 section ladder and my bottle don't allow..

I'm getting a few trees and shrugs planted next year at the from to create a bit of a barrier so I can add a bit of lighting to that.

However I'm not going as far as a neighbour has with a digital projector and Xmas themed images across the house. Will get a wee video later.

BEA76 said:
Not too early, it's December. They look really good, just put mine up today, earlier than usual but a sunny dry day and an hour to spare made it easy. Merry Crimbo all, including the grin he's....

Crinch that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom