Christmas presents

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Satch

MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 E320Cdi Avantgarde Estate & Toyota Land Cruiser
Discounting the usual dross and proper pressies, the ones which made me smile were:

Book of the "Worst Jobs in History" series (I can identify with that)

Pair of "My Best Friend" socks from the dogs. (They owe me several socks each)

Pedals. Yes, those ones. The ones I got my wife to order, left festering in a dealership for some months, then forced (same) wife to collect the day before Christmas Eve and then gave them back so children could wrap them up for Daddy.

Except she did it herself, included a copy of the "Grumpy Old Men" and "Crap Cars" books and addressed it to her Grumpy Old Man. Inside I found a note asking me to promise that I would never, ever reveal that I had forced her into buying such sad and shameful objects.

Oh dear. Message in there somewhere.

I gave someone a copy of "Roundabouts of Great Britain". They laughed. :)

The best present I got was a Ray Mears book, from forum member Bloodmoon! :D

The rest was shirts and chocs etc :)

I also got two MB shirts - both very smart, except they are waaaaaaaaaaay too big for me.

I truly love my wife...................at the moment :D
she got me a Navman iCN 510...............I am still playing with it but it has to learn what roads are best for me :rolleyes:

Ian B Walker said:
I am still playing with it but it has to learn what roads are best for me :rolleyes:
Try working out a route to my house Ian, if it ever lists "crimble lane" on there then it needs a good kicking! I have NEVER had a navigation system come up with "Crimble Lane", but a friend of mine has had Autoroute Express and his Volvo S80 navigation come up with it. Something has gone very wrong somewhere!

"Crimble Lane" looks like a road at either end but the middle is in fact "not suitable for motor vehicles" :eek:
My friend made it to my house following the AE route once and it took him about 30 minutes to do Crimble Lane in his BMW E30 3-series, would have taken 30 seconds on the main road that runs parallel to it! :rolleyes:

Check it Ian! :) Try navigating to Bamford Way in Rochdale from your house, that should force it to route through Heywood.

I think it's a the sign of a decent navigation system if it avoids crimble lane. There is an excellent pub/restaurant just down Crimble Lane though so you can walk there for some dinner before resuming your sump-grinding ;)

Wasn't meant to be a pressie but it arrived on Christmas eve :bannana:

Sportline.jpg

Been after one for a while and finally got one

bazza

Shude said:
Try working out a route to my house Ian, i

:bannana: :bannana: :rock: :rock: Lists Crimble Lane but navigates to Bamford Way by an alternate route.

Jeremy C's Hot Metal DVD raised a smile.

The Tomtom Go I bought hubby has gone down very well and cracked us up yesterday. Switched TTG on and set it for home, "Jane's" instruction, "Please turn left", which I did - not least coz it was the only way out of the remote industrial estate outside York, ex army/air force barracks - Jane's next instruction "Do a u turn at your next opportunity" :crazy: :crazy: think the poor girl must have had a touch too much to drink the night before :p

Too many choc's :eek:

and just spent the afternoon reminiscing with Live Aid dvd

Last edited:
Christmas Present

My son bought me an excellent book.

'Mercedes'

Written by, Rainer W. Schlegelmilch
Hartmut Lehbrink
Jochen Von Osterroth

It is certainly an excellent book with brilliant pictures.

I will NOT mention the Homer Simpson socks that the wife bought.

Regards,
John

pammy said:
Jeremy C's Hot Metal DVD raised a smile.

I bought that today, and watched it. Very good, although was very disappointed with the "fake" shot in the clay pidgeon shoot..... :rolleyes:

glojo said:
My son bought me an excellent book.

'Mercedes'
So that's 3 of us who have that book then! I got mine cheap from a bookshop a couple of years ago, it's the previous edition.

Am still playing with my pressies and have just unpacked and started up my iTrip. What a fabby little gizmo :bannana:

Didn't want to hardwire the iPod in as I wanted something that could come with me in the variety of cars I have to use - this little giz does the biz beautifully. :D

Used 87.9 - the suggested frequency so no installing of software which seems to cause some problems looking at what some people's experiences have been - and it worked great.

One happy Pammy :D

Have just to plough through the tons of chocs now :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom