Christmas presents...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We adore Christmas. Always have, even before we had our daughter. Then, loved it even more. Quality family time together, 2-3-4 weeks off work spending time in your own house with a fun atmosphere. Bliss.

We adore Christmas. Always have, even before we had our daughter. Then, loved it even more. Quality family time together, 2-3-4 weeks off work spending time in your own house with a fun atmosphere. Bliss.

40 years ago we'd have a massive Xmas lunches (20-30) with everybody we knew and we'd circulate (the hosting) and help each other.

We also love the time but feel it is for the kids. We've moved past the point in our lives where we have to wait for Xmas or a birthday to get what we want. My (only child) son is very successful so, there is nothing we can buy them, so we just spoil the grandkids.

For about the last 30 years we've nearly always had Xmas lunch at a hotel / fine restaurant - I'd rather spend time with my family than have them slaving in the kitchen on Xmas day.

I'd prefer the bar........becue (with some shrimp).....:)
I enjoy Christmas and one of my favourite parts is an afternoon with the boys in the pub on the 24th.

If you're quick, the sales are on and you could get them........

Halloween Costumes :D :D

If you're quick, the sales are on and you could get them........

Halloween Costumes :D :D
What is that ? I heard it is something the people in the USA do! (yet another Hallmark day)???

I'd prefer the bar........becue (with some shrimp).....:)

funny you should mention BBQ. We’ll be having our penultimate BBQ of the year tomorrow evening along with a few very tame fireworks and the odd drink. Been a family tradition for all of 5 or so years.

final one will be New Years Eve. :)

funny you should mention BBQ. We’ll be having our penultimate BBQ of the year tomorrow evening along with a few very tame fireworks and the odd drink. Been a family tradition for all of 5 or so years.

final one will be New Years Eve. :)

We never have a final BBQ - it is a year round process. There are certain cuts that can only be done on a BBQ. e.g. Steaks always get done on the BBQ (would be rude to the cow to do it any other way).:)

There’s always a final BBQ of the year. :rolleyes:

One good thing about the adoption of all these annoying American habits is that Christmas doesn't start so early in the stores. It used to begin as soon as Halloween and Guy Fawkes had happened, but now it seems to wait until after Black Friday - or should that be Friday of Colour?

Popped collars?

Yep - popped collar has moved from annoying preppy to chavy. We have some "keeping up with the Jones'" acquaintances and he (60 ish) always has a popped collar and a Middle Eastern scarf .........with knock-off sunnies attached somewhere......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom