Christmas supermarket shopping madness

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MB Enthusiast
Car
2009 W204 C180K
The one thing I hate about Christmas is the madness of everyone buying enough food and drink to last a month when the supermarkets are only shut for two days at the most.

This morning cars were queuing to get into a full supermarket carpark at 8.05am. I was on the way out by then and home by 9.00am after visiting 4 supermarkets/food shops. I can bear this aspect of the Christmas experience but only by getting up in the middle of the night.

Yep, its crazy every year with people worried about missing out on their veg or turkey and the mad dash for last minute bargains.

My missus works at Waitrose and dreads this time of year. The customers are so rude too and heaven forbid you answer back. I wouldn't last 10 minutes working there.

Totally agree. I've just got back from Carlisle with my daughter. its mayhem out there I tell you! Luckily we didn't need anything in particular its just a tradition of ours to enjoy the festive time and have some lunch together.

Mind you, I guess we added to the problem nonetheless. :doh:

Fantastic Roger. :thumb:

(Long time ago now but gone are the days of kids sitting on Santa's knee. Although we have maybe made our kids somewhat apprehensive about doing such a thing. Shame really.)

I was at our local Tesco at 6:30 yesterday morning and it wasn’t too bad. But of course I forgot a few things so I popped back in today around 11:30am. I’ve no idea what the car park was like because I walked, but inside was manic. I’ve never understood why people take their kids food shopping, but to do so at this time of the year is ridiculous. There were whole families wandering around together, three generations of them in some cases. The poor kids looked so fed up. Aisles were impenetrable with overladen trollies surrounded by the family. I know that Christmas is a time for families to get together, but there are limits.

My daughter and her friend had a much better time with Santa far from the madding shopping crowds.
8AF79A0F-C018-4903-8E83-D5D91B4554B6.jpeg

BA8FF8D3-61E8-432C-86EB-FCF2FCAF301C.jpeg

Happy Christmas

Local Sainsbury's was bad enough yesterday, I would imagine today was mental. If we haven't got it now we go without!

Like KE, friends were in our local Tesco at 7am yesterday, by the time they left at 7.45 the car park was 3/4 full - and it's the size up from Superstore (Extra?). We were there about 11.30, car park was chokka, inside was an obstacle course and traffic jam almost every aisle, rug rats and gerihattricks everywhere, yet funnily enough although 3 or 4 checkouts were closed, we had no more problem at checkout than on our normal fortnightly main shop! Was pleased to get home, and that first beer did not touch the sides!

We had the misfortune of needing to pop in to Morrison's for a couple things maybe 6-7 items took us over an hour. As above why does the whole family grandparents, parents and 3 buggies need to go to get the shop at the same time? And why do you need two overflowing trollies of food?

Spare me a thought I have to go pick up a centrepiece pie from Sainsbury's tomorrow at 10am.

Shudder.

I purchased a lot of Christmas presents using Amazon and then a few from Westfield in Wood Lane. I can do this as it’s on my way home from work.

I’ve got a few bits and pieces to pick up tomorrow so I’m going off to Brent X for opening time. I’ll be done by 11am.

The whole shopping thing has been easy and stress free.

I purchased a lot of Christmas presents using Amazon and then a few from Westfield in Wood Lane. I can do this as it’s on my way home from work.

I’ve got a few bits and pieces to pick up tomorrow so I’m going off to Brent X for opening time. I’ll be done by 11am.

The whole shopping thing has been easy and stress free.

Did you buy ya mam the set of knives?

aaaawww Ant, She's just ten, about the same age as your daughter I think, she popped in this afternoon and took half the roof home, bloody cheek!
I wish our daughter had grandparents like you Peter. Hats off to you mate.
Darrel should have gone for the 40 blade Swiss Army Knife and saved a few bob.

aaaawww Ant, She's just ten, about the same age as your daughter I think, she popped in this afternoon and took half the roof home, bloody cheek!

Darrel should have gone for the 40 blade Swiss Army Knife and saved a few bob.

So she's literally going to eat you out of house & home!!! (So sorry)

Have a great Christmas Peter. :thumb:

(P.S. Are you staring in 'Greese' the musical with that new Avatar???)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom