Chrome centre caps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jaymanek

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
Lots of Mercedes!
Hi Guys

I ordered the centre caps for my alloys with the part no found in a thread. however these do not sit flush in the hole, they sort of have a lip so, clip in, but they fit over the hole instead of in it if you see what i mean! Unfortunately the car is in coventry right now, wont be there till next weekend, so cant post a pic on the wheel... I wanted to get the right ones this week, anyone help? Did a search but no luck...
These are the ones i have
B6 647 0202

capsnuts3.jpg

They just seem to big, the clips fit in the hole, but the cap doesnt sit in the hole flush... Im sure ive seen the correct ones on another car... IIRC, the outer ring wasnt chrome, just the star...

Oh my wheels are the 8 hole, 124 type...

Cheers

Jay

Got the same ones fitted on mine J.

Agree with you, that the lip sticks out very slightly from the surface of the wheel, but they fit firmly into the holes, so think that's just how they are meant to be.

Wouldn't look right with just the star chomed, and not the surround, IMO.

Not aware of another part number, anyway.

S.

I suppose MB reckons that if you've paid extra for the chrome bits, you would want it to stick out more for better visibility or :D blingness :D

just checked out various MBs in the underground garage .. the plain ones are flush fitting, the chrome ones all sit about 1 - 2 mm proud of the alloy

Ok could have answered my own question. I surveyed every merc i went past tonight! The newer S Classes ones fit flush and look about the right size.
I got this no off the EPC, but doesnt say whether its chrome or not. Im guessing they all were on an S class 220??

A2204000125

Cheers

Jay

Jaymanek, you have the ones that I got as replacements after my originals "fell to bits" they do fit like that, slightly proud. The ones that fit flush are the "Heritage Laurel Leaf" type which are blue and chrome. If you look in any MB car accesories brochure under Alloys they are listed with a part No

Regards Portzy

PS just had a look, the ones you and I have are part No B6 647 0202
The ones you want which are blue and chrome/silver are B6 647 0120

Last edited:
Hi there mate, no i dont want the heritage type, dont think theyd look right on my car/wheels... No i def saw the ones on an S500 and also a CLK 209 model that sit nice and flush.
Theres only one centre cap listed for the 220, but then the EPC i have is three years old, so not sure if it is the chrome one.

Does anyone know if all 220's have the chrome ones??

Cheers

Jay

Mmnnn, thought I knew all there is to know about these centre cap thingies. Had another look and the other one we havnt mentioned is "black" but I think this is the laurel leaf in a different colour. Part No B6 647 0201. Are you miles from a dealers? im about 5 mins by car and have to go there a bit later in the week for some bits. If you give me some info on your car, English description if poss as I'm not up to speed on all the 201, 202, 203, 129, descriptions and also exact model of wheel, then I can do some fishing for you. Whats an EPC?

The EPC is the Electronics Parts Ctalogue same as the dealer has...
To be honest, you wont find much by car as these cantre caps are all off the modern mercs. Mines a 1980 123-200, but has wheels from the later style e classes..

If you are going to a dealer, then if you could have a look at the new shape clk and C class, they have the flush chrome caps. A part number for these would be perfect...

Thanks for the help. No dealers near me, i have to do everything by post...

Cheers

Jay

Ahhh, I think we are getting to the bottom of this now. Just had a look round my office car park and there was a V reg CLK coupe with, guess what, flush fit centres in the star logo and in a silver/chrome/titanium look. Just had a look at a C class saloon/estate accessories book and the same wheels in the book are as those on the car outside. Two new part Nos to consider B6 647 0127 and B6 647 0203. Ill have a good fish around at the dealers a bit later on in the week for you, can you hang on that long?

Now which one of these will fit is the question. I bet theyre the same size, but need to be sure before i go and spend another twenty odd quid!
By the way appreciate the help..

Will you be at the get together on the 20th??

Sorry for the delay, been out all afternoon in the sun again :D . As I said the visit to the dealers, which was originally for some odds and ends, looks to be now turning out to be a major purchase jolly (big wheels and tyres, part of a moding programme :) ) so i'll have a chat with the parts people and narrow the centres choices to what we havn't discounted already.

I will ask them, with a hugh smile, to order them in and we'll take it from there I dont think for a minute they will hit me with the "any parts ordered that are non-stock" mallarkey. They are a decent bunch, honest really, Ive had stacks of stuff from them and I feel they will do me/us this favour as I'm parting with some serious dosh, for me anyway.

I would seriously love to come to the Summer GTG but if you've seen my early threads (only joined in April) bad luck big style has been my companion since the turn of the year. The upshot at the moment is my missus cant travel or even wander about outside for much more than an hour or so before she passes out and collapses :(. The truth is this forums been a godsend in many ways. So Northampton wouldnt be a go-er. Maybe, correction, definately, next one though.

Let you know how I get on later in the week.

Regards, Portzy.

wheel centres

Hi again, been to said Dealers and of the two No's mentioned the 1st is a long delay back order :( . However the 2nd, and I'm told most likely to fit, is available, and there is now one on order. Its doesnt appear to be as, shall we say, "chromie" as the ones you already have and the star emblem doesnt seem so pronounced, at least thats the impression the picture gives. I've planned to pick it up at the same time as my wheels which will be in about 7 working days. If you want to PM me your address i'll bag it up and send it to you as soon as it arrives :). If all this fails do what I did with mine that fell to bits. Tidy up the Emblem, stick it to one of those square clear-glass coasters and use it as a paperweight on your desk. It really winds my boss up ;)

Last edited:
Cheers mate. how many did you order. Im hoping just one so we can try it first.
Let me know how much i owe you etc. Appreciate the help.

Cheers

Jay

I too need some new center caps.

I like the look of the chrome star.

I have AMG 17" rims, will the pictured ones fit that?

altreed said:
I have AMG 17" rims, will the pictured ones fit that?
The ones pictured were bought by me (that is my picture btw!) and I bought them specifically to go on a set of AMG styling IIs in 7.5x17 and 8.5x17. They fitted. The also fit basically any other oem wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom