Chrome door handle trim?!?!?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hindesbeans

Car
E220 & SLK230
Hello All

does anybody have any experience of chrome door handle trim like this one which i am considering
MERCEDES SLK CHROME DOOR HANDLE TRIM , 96 - 04 . on eBay (end time 14-Mar-11 20:32:23 GMT)

obviously these one's are for an slk but they are available for most models. anybody know if they:
  1. stand the test of time, or do they start looking grubby after a little while
  2. Do they offer a good fit which doesnt look obviously stuck on.
Thanks for any help.

Honestly , putting chrome bits on your car is not a good idea.

They never look right.

I am very very sure they will look like crap. PLEASE dont stick anything to your car that is chrome plastic.

In my own opinion though :)

What`s with chrome lately!!

Everyone's getting their 'bling' on ..... fix up , look sharp !

Each to their own but not to my taste. I can't see how a sliver of chrome will sit well on a painted door.

Okay seems not to be a popular choice,

im trying to give the door handles a more coded look to the silver door as opposed to having great bid chunks of BLACK handle on each door.

Maybe the way to go is to either get some pre-painted handles off of a facelift R170 (been looking but cant find any) or get mine painted

any recommendations for sprayers in the cambridge/east anglia region

thanks all

Paint them yourself .

Easily do-able . It's not a massive panel , so you should be able to get a nice finish with a can.

Dont forget you could just buy colour codes ones from the dealer with a facelift Silver R170 chasis/registration.

I'd definitely go down the paint the handles instead look!

Paint them myself it is, thanks all from saving me from making what would appear to have been, a horrific Chrome mistake.

hi there is a set on ebay which are stainless steel not the usual plastic on good old ebay the shop name is arda tuning ,they are £21 they also do trick lights ext .

Set of what ? chrome door handles ?

The OP has decided that they are a bad idea ( as are trick lights ) unless you have a saxo.

Hello hindesbeans,We are producer the auto-accessories in Turkey.Also we have the mercedes accessories.I can supply for doorhandle cover of stainless steel.Of course you havent it yet.

Zeynep

I've just sold on my Astra and it had chrome handles and mirrors -

DSCF5847.jpg

DSCF5842.jpg

I'm not sure they're right for a MB though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom