Chrome key chip swap :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dog68

Car
Mercedes s500
Just got myself the newer style key( not newest, as they don't work) and swapped ic's(i have hot air station etc, for repairing mobiles ) relatively easy for me, if anyone needs it done, let me know :thumb:

Attachments

• 20121206210822.jpg
    20121206210822.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 176
Picture of the chrome keys:

Attachments

• Key Right one!!.jpg
    Key Right one!!.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 198
  • key-NOT RIGHT.jpg
    key-NOT RIGHT.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 182
how much can you do that for? that would make a good christmas present from the wife to me!!!

Can you not just use a chrome key right off? My W203 had the black key and when I ordered a new one from Merc I got one of those new type chrome keys.

When you buy new from merc, its programmed to your car, this is just cheaper than spending £££.

Picture of the chrome keys:

I'm interested in this too. Do you supply the case? I can't detect any difference between 'right' and 'wrong' in these pics other than one is worn.

I'm interested in this too. Do you supply the case? I can't detect any difference between 'right' and 'wrong' in these pics other than one is worn.

The buttons are discrete on the 'wrong' one?

But i think the old fashioned spare key for the door from the old black key is a different size than the key in the chrome key

But i think the old fashioned spare key for the door from the old black key is a different size than the key in the chrome key

When I actually had money to spare I had a chrome key cut to replace the standard key on the SL500 I used to own..
It fitted perfectly with no issues.
I havent measured the chrome dimensions and compared it to the old all black version, but I can tell you that they BOTH FIT THE LOCK JUST FINE..
So despite what women tell you, Size ISNT an issue !!!

key with panic button

I found this 4 buttons KEY

I have the old rubber black key, can i the do the same as you did with you key, so i can use this with my car?
thanks in advance and happy new year.

Last edited:
the Carbon one

Hi again
i just bought this CARBON COATED keys form ebay

And i have the key with 3 buttons (as in the photos)
its will be ok to swap the IC´s from old one to the chrome one with FCC ID:KR55WK49046 ?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• ALFA.jpg
    ALFA.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom