Chrome Seat Lever peeling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ravs88

Car
C204 C220cdi
Hi all

I understand this is a known issue for Coupe cars that have the chrome vinyl wrapped seat handle levers. My passenger side started to peel, little did I realize how bloody sharp it is. I have peeled half of it off. Not a chance I am replacing it since it functions and probably expensive. I have been looking at Chrome Paint which may not match up, but may does disguise the plastic underlay.

Has anyone done the same and if so what touch up paint have you used?

Kind Regards
Ravi

Mercedes plastic chrome can be nasty stuff.....a friend needed a couple of those sutures plasters after he sliced his hand of the peeling chrome on his steering wheel.....cut pretty deep. Its now carbon wrapped.
That "chrome" paint is pretty soft and not really suitable for areas of regular contact. Proper silver paint or a wrap might be better.

Mercedes plastic chrome can be nasty stuff.....a friend needed a couple of those sutures plasters after he sliced his hand of the peeling chrome on his steering wheel.....cut pretty deep. Its now carbon wrapped.
That "chrome" paint is pretty soft and not really suitable for areas of regular contact. Proper silver paint or a wrap might be better.
I cut myself twice both times whilst cleaning the car. First time I forgot, thought I'd buy glue and patch it back on..forgot.
Second time, the cut on my finger was pretty deep. Got so annoyed just ripped the thing off. Looking at Chrome paints on Amazon but it's hard to find.

I have painted mine white which looks ok as the car is white. Otherwise black would work. Plenty paint options on Amazon. I went for brush applied but the spray version would probably give an even better finish. I tried wrapping but the difficult shape and my limited abilities defeated me. Paint finish is good enough for my 12 year old A207, depend how perfect you want it.

Do it Satin black, will look good. :) 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom