Chrome trim restored

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rom1

Car
Mercedes c220d cabriolet
most of the afternoon, trying to bring the chrome trim back to life, was in overall good condition mostly milky marks and dullness.

Used mopping pads and buffing disc on the end of drill, do have a full machine polisher but its way to big for use on this smaller section, Used G3 compound and then finished with Auto Glym SRP and Auto Glym extra gloss protection, looks and feels like new again,

Now I need to do the rest of it around the windowsView attachment 110146View attachment 110147

Till infinity and beyond, hopefully a while with careful cleaning

Think harsh chemicals would tarnish the finish, so going to keep on top of it with correct cleaning, if I can keep it as good as it is now would be great.

I’d love to see some before and after photos

Did you go through the protective lacquer?
I assumed it is polished aluminium with a coating on & the damp gets between causing the discolouration??

This is interesting to read. I have a C207 with the same issue sadly. I'll try some polish soon and see how I get on. I do have a DA polisher but as you say it'll be too big so I'll have to look into getting a small drill powered pad.

This is interesting to read. I have a C207 with the same issue sadly. I'll try some polish soon and see how I get on. I do have a DA polisher but as you say it'll be too big so I'll have to look into getting a small drill powered pad.
How about some before and after shots buddy :)

Used this and got good results. I will wait and see how long it lasts and maybe next time apply a sealer coat of wax or similar

Attachments

• IMG_0285[11601].jpg
    IMG_0285[11601].jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0284[11599].jpg
    IMG_0284[11599].jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom