Chrome wheel bolt covers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigdrew

Car
Ml350 bluetec clk220 CDi w209 amg styling 18in amg wheels cla 220cdi amg sport c class w205 amg line
Can anyone help was looking for chrome wheel bolt covers but only seem to find ones that cover the bolts but not the locking bolt can they be bought or do they not do them for that bolt

Unless they are ultra expensive alloys or rare i would ditch the potentially problematic locking bolts and just fit standard bolts in their place.

Cant remember the last time i heard of a set of "normal" alloys being blagged.

K

Ditch all the bolts and buy a set of black ones or zinc plated silver ones.

Those plastic chrome looking covers can be a pain to remove, even with the tool supplied

Called into my local tyre fitters recently for puncture repair and two other vehicles were in for tyres and they both had the wheel nut covers. By the amount of frustration and swearing by the fitter it seems he was having great trouble getting said covers off. Be Warned!

Called into my local tyre fitters recently for puncture repair and two other vehicles were in for tyres and they both had the wheel nut covers. By the amount of frustration and swearing by the fitter it seems he was having great trouble getting said covers off. Be Warned!
I'd remove them before going to a tyre shop or a service. In fact, anything a spanner monkey can mess with I take off. But the shops I use don't employ spanner monkeys. I keep seeing the same guys over more than 20 years. They know their craft and know that I know.

I use the push on plastic chrome type and if you put a little vasaline inside them they are easy to remove ..So dont fit them on dry. You wont find any to cover locking nuts

I just received a set of these. They sent 20 all the same instead of 16 for standard nuts and 4 for locking nuts. Trying to sort it out now. Otherwise I think they are fine for the money.
Pain in the ****. Doesn't know anything about caps for locking nuts. First offered 20% refund. When pressed offered 50%. What can you do with 4 caps on a 5 nut wheel? It'll have to go to Ebay resolution. FFS it was only £5.72. Just gimme the refund. The advert showed 16 standard caps and 4 locknut caps plus said locking in text.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom