Chrysler 300C 3.0 V6 CRD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

djcheung

Car
W211 E320 CDI
Hi there,

Has anybody driven/own/owned one of these?
It looks much better value for money compared to a Merc.
What about the cost of ownership and dealership?
Any comments would be much appreciated.

Looks like al capones mobile. Straight from southcentral L.A
They see me rollin they hatin patrollin.

i hired one. Pretty good to drive. Lots of space inside.

Turns heads , servicing is on par with mercedes for E320 cdi.

Lots of car for the money. I quite liked it.

I just ordered the touring version, as fuzzers says, its a lot of car for the money - . Had a ride in one in canada and it was very comfy & quite a bit of power too. Same DC engine as the Jeep we are swapping for it.

Wonder what the future is for these if/when M-B sell off Chrysler?

Doesn't it have the new V6 CDi diesel but mated to the old 5 speed auto box...Yes a lot of car for the money - and they seem to be holding their residuals far better than a E class. But inside - a bit plastic -- but thats the american way...........

:D
Doesn't it have the new V6 CDi diesel but mated to the old 5 speed auto box...Yes a lot of car for the money - and they seem to be holding their residuals far better than a E class. But inside - a bit plastic -- but thats the american way...........

Yeah , which makes it more reliable than the MB 3.0cdi with the 7 speed box :)

But inside - a bit plastic -- but thats the american way...........
The interior has to have "cheap" feeling plastics because the yanks tend not to wear seatbelts and they're often pretty hefty so in an accident the dash has to absorb all the forces.

Just requested a 48 hour test drive in the touring version :) Due to higher than anticipated mileage, I'm going to have to change soon, and this is looking tempting :D

S.

I think they're still head turning, as pointed out earlier. Amazing value, and in the right colour, excellent choice.

I would only be concerned about residuals, I'm not convinced they will hold up [says he who has just bought a Mondeo :rolleyes: ]

Rob

I think they're still head turning, as pointed out earlier. Amazing value, and in the right colour, excellent choice.

I would only be concerned about residuals, I'm not convinced they will hold up [says he who has just bought a Mondeo :rolleyes: ]

Rob
I think they are head turning, but for all the wrong reasons. If you like it, then buy it. They are certainly 'different'. We are all individuals, with individual tastes, my not liking this marque must be a plus point.

Good luck with the purchase,
John

:D

Yeah , which makes it more reliable than the MB 3.0cdi with the 7 speed box :)

Well I have the 7 speed and no problems yet in 33,000 miles -- perhaps I'm just lucky or now jinxed for ever,,,,,,,,,,,,:confused:

Do you know that underneath its a 210.

Without proper dampers or brakes.

Who remembers the test on TG where they really didn't like the handling, ride, steering or brakes. It's sort of Americanised.

Without proper dampers or brakes.

Who remembers the test on TG where they really didn't like the handling, ride, steering or brakes. It's sort of Americanised.

That may be because its an American car.....:confused:

hmm , yes now you mention the brakes ...

Could be doing with a wee brake upgrade from startech ...

Wonder what the future is for these if/when M-B sell off Chrysler?

Rebadged a Dodge?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom