Chrysler 300C = Current E Class chassis

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scotth_uk

MB Enthusiast
Car
Renault
Interesting - I just got off the phone from DC enquiring about the new Chrysler 300C. They've been sending some Hemi V8 LHD models around the dealers for a preview and the reaction has been very good.

When I asked about engine configs, they mentioned that as the car is running the current E Class chassis, it will most probably be available with an MB petrol 6 cyliner, and MB diesel 6 cyliner and a Hemi V8 engine.

Ahh, thanks... Still - very impressed that it is based on a merc chassis at all! :)

They are going to let me know when I can take one out for a drive - should be Oct/Nov for full release.

scotth_uk said:
Ahh, thanks... Still - very impressed that it is based on a merc chassis at all! :)
Check out Ssangyong then! The Musso is based on the W163 and they have two models that are not sold in the UK based on the W140 (Chairman?) and the W124! The W124 still lives! ;)

Just checked with Matt at Motorway Sports cars and the 300C has been put back til 2006 which all the dealers are hacked off about :(

R2D2 said:
the 300C has been put back til 2006 which all the dealers are hacked off about :(
All the gangsters and mafia/yakuza types will be gutted as well! They'll have to keep pimpin' in their W140s 'til then! ;)

R2D2 said:
Just checked with Matt at Motorway Sports cars and the 300C has been put back til 2006 which all the dealers are hacked off about :(

I presume that you are referring to the RHD models, as there are plenty of LHDs getting around already.

Lancasters told me only this morning that they are still looking like October @ 34k for the V8.

Shude said:
Check out Ssangyong then! The Musso is based on the W163 and they have two models that are not sold in the UK based on the W140 (Chairman?) and the W124! The W124 still lives!

I know waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much about the Ssangyongs. I drove them for a while back in Oz. The later Musso's (pre-Daewoo) were actually quite nice to drive with reasonable sized engines. The Kurando was a god awful piece of design, but drove rather well. They were respected for their off-road ability. Problem was that almost everyone who bought one immediately covered their car in MB badges and stickers.

Last edited:
The good news is that if these cars are being built on the w124/w140 it will probably increase the demand for all the little oem parts that go in to them, thus maintaining production of those parts, keeping availability up and prices down!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom