Chrysler Crossfire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
car

I love the Crossfire in saloon or coupe . Liked them first one i ever saw, years back now . If the cash was there i think i would take one home .

I don't know if it applies to the Crossfire, but my sister had a Chrysler Sebring ragtop in California. While it was a perfectly acceptable car, the quality of the interior trim and panels, both in materials and fit, was awful. Cheap thin plastic with big gaps on some sides, no gap whatsoever on others.

Stratman said:
I don't know if it applies to the Crossfire, but my sister had a Chrysler Sebring ragtop in California. While it was a perfectly acceptable car, the quality of the interior trim and panels, both in materials and fit, was awful. Cheap thin plastic with big gaps on some sides, no gap whatsoever on others.

I'd totally agree with that as Ive had a few sebrings as rental cars and they were very plasticky and poorly finished, I hope for him as the crossfire was built in Europe it may be somewhat better

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

del320 said:
Not original - but it always has - and always will look like a dog having a $h!t Are you sure you want to be seen in one?

Won't be me in it lol :)

Seriously looks apart surely it can't be that bad everything underneath it is MB off the SLK, engine box diff brakes the lot

Never been in one or driven one so will e interesting

DYOR and show me "anywhere" where the Chrysler comes anywhere close to the Porsche Boxster? In fact show me where any equivalent vehicle comes anywhere close to the Porsche Boxster? I have never owned one - never want to either (don't like the looks of them) but if I only had 3-5k..beggars can't be choosers.
My brother just bought a 40k miler S2000, in mint condition. Immediately took it across to the Alps last month and clocked up 3k miles in it. He had been hankering for one for bloody years. Came home and stuck it back on the market! Reason - You have to thrash the living daylights out of it (>6ooo revs) to get any thrill from the engine. She's got potential - agreed but those engines have to be worked very hard to bring a smile to your face.
A post 2006 Boxster with the new drive shaft bearing - are future investments.
Crossfire - don't make me laugh!

I agree with your post and that's what I like about the S2000 you have to drive it high revs and low gears great fun to me.

Boxsters still a dog of a car in his price bracket and I agree post 2006 are better but you won't find one of those for £3.5k so it's iff the agenda

He wants a bit of weekend fun for the price above the crossfire might fit the bill it might not also looking at Audi TT and SLK as well

Test drive in crossfire is lined up for Monday

position_267

A friend had one for 12 months. It was ok. Quite fast in a straight line but a bit unsure through corners. Interior quality typically American but decent kit levels.

Not a bad buy in my opinion, though I think he can do better. I'd get a gen 1 TT if I am honest. Shape still very fresh.

Hth

Get a W208 in good nick with the same 3.2 engine in it and put a private plate on it.

Will drive better, go on forever (as long as not rusty) and will be a far far better car, plus will not depreciate much any more.

zoros said:
DYOR and show me "anywhere" where the Chrysler comes anywhere close to the Porsche Boxster? In fact show me where any equivalent vehicle comes anywhere close to the Porsche Boxster? I have never owned one - never want to either (don't like the looks of them) but if I only had 3-5k..beggars can't be choosers. My brother just bought a 40k miler S2000, in mint condition. Immediately took it across to the Alps last month and clocked up 3k miles in it. He had been hankering for one for bloody years. Came home and stuck it back on the market! Reason - You have to thrash the living daylights out of it (>6ooo revs) to get any thrill from the engine. She's got potential - agreed but those engines have to be worked very hard to bring a smile to your face. A post 2006 Boxster with the new drive shaft bearing - are future investments. Crossfire - don't make me laugh!

You are conveniently not mentioning the bore score issues with Porsche engines of that vintage.

I owned two V6 Omegas which I bought nearly-new at redicoudly-cheap prices.

Great cars, lots of metal for your Pound.

In fact I would have gotten a third one if they didn't stop making them.

The moral of the story? If you don't care what others think, and you like a car that is considered unloved by everyone else, that's a great opportunity for a bargain.

(The obvious exception is when it comes to cars that are unloved due to poor reliability etc).

trapperjohn said:
But you can roll it in diamonds.

Diamond encrusted turds, reminds me of some people I have to deal with flash exterior but full of sh*t :D

Diamond encrusted turds, reminds me of some people I have to deal with flash exterior but full of sh*t :D

Sounds like Crossfire to me. :D:devil: Ooops, sorry. I'll get me coat.

Be fun if your buddy buys it a hoists two fingers at the lot of us.

I'll tell you tomorrow but in the conditions around here the test drive may not happen until we loose the snow. I can't imagine those giant 19" rears on budget rubber getting much grip in this :)

And I really need to try it around Velcro bend which the volvo can handle well into 3 figure mph before breaking loose

Check (I know you will) plenty of room for rapid application of opposite lock on Velcro Bend. If its a poorly sighted bend a banksman (up a tree out of harms way) on his mobile to your co pilot to let you know you have a clear shot at it. Fortunately you have travelled that road many'a'time so you will know what it looks like going backwards as it were. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom