Chrysler Crossfire.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve_Perry

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS350CDI Grand Edition
I was watching 5th Gear tonight and Needles was test driving the Crossfire. Not his cup of tea but then that's not surprising as the car's mechanicals are based on the SLK and the engine on the 320 - 3.2L V6.

What did surprise me though was how much Chrysler had raided the MB parts bin. The a/c controls & switch gear look like they have been lifted straight from a W202/W210/R170 and given a lick of silver paint.

album_pic.php

album_pic.php

album_pic.php

Cost cutting rules by the looks.

S.

p.s. The article about being side swiped by lorries on the motorway was actually pretty good.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Steve_Perry
What did surprise me though was how much Chrysler had raided the MB parts bin. The a/c controls & switch gear look like they have been lifted straight from a W202/W210/R170 and given a lick of silver paint.
Which means they will be available from your nearest D-C parts counter, to fit straight onto your w202 dash :D

I WANT ONE :)

Ive been watching it for a while , looks interesting.:)

Also has:

MB keyfob
MB light dials/switches
MB 5speed Auto transmission
MB SLK handbrake
MB SLK32 AMG seats (just slightly different)

:D

It's quicker to list the differences from the SLK interior. The whole shape of the dash, instrument cluster, centre console, door panels is the same.

I hate the bloody thing. Sharing components is one thing but this is a step too far IMO :mad:

I think this is similar to the SAAB advert (The car built by the aircraft maker) - Great if you drive a SAAB Car, less reassuring if you fly a Viggen over the Service Centre at your local SAAB dealer...

Well the MB influence on the Crossfire is nice for the Chrysler buyer (I agree with simonl - the whole dash structure is SLK) but I feel uncomfortable with the prospect of driving a Merc with Chrysler bits....:mad:

I actually saw one on the road a couple of days ago. It looks Ok from most angles but the rear window is just too small for either practicality or style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom