Cigar lighter fit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rag1873

Car
C200 - 2000 - Auto
Been trying to replace my complete cigar unit with a universal one, all my wiring in place but no heat going to lighter.
The bulb lights up and the fuse etc is all correct but no heat going to it.
When i put the unit over another battery it powers fine so it would point to the car.... anyone any ideas? Is there a relay somewhere that would cause this?

Last edited:
Been trying to replace my complete cigar unit with a universal one, all my wiring in place but no heat going to lighter.
The bulb lights up and the fuse etc is all correct but no heat going to it.
When i put the unit over another battery it powers fine so it would point to the car.... anyone any ideas? Is there a relay somewhere that would cause this?

IIRC there is more than 1 fuse for this. Spots to try are under the bonnet, by the steering wheel and in the boot.

Been discussed before so a search may prove fruitful

HTH

ive already searched but as my car only has one lighter it would surely only have one fuse??

I have a similar problem with my 2005 W211 that does not come with a lighter.

I tried to use my 1997 W202 lighter, it does not fit.

I tried to use my 2001 R170, it fit but no heat.:dk:

Any one can help would be nice.

ive already searched but as my car only has one lighter it would surely only have one fuse??

Nope - this is Mercedes we are talking about here! My E-class has three fuses for the front cigar lighter and IIRC my B-class had 2!

:eek::dk:

But if the bulb lights up on the unit then would that not point to the fuses being ok?

But if the bulb lights up on the unit then would that not point to the fuses being ok?

Final time - there is more than 1 fuse. Feel free to book it into Mercedes where they would charge £100 an hour to tell you what I stated :p Of course it could be something else but the fuse is most likely - if you search using my user name you'll see the fun and games I had with a W245 and a W211

Hope you get it sorted

Last edited:
Final time - there is more than 1 fuse. Feel free to book it into Mercedes where they would charge £100 an hour to tell you what I stated :p Of course it could be something else but the fuse is most likely - if you search using my user name you'll see the fun and games I had with a W245 and a W211

Hope you get it sorted

I popped into Mercedes today where they told me there is only ONE fuse for the cigar lighter!!! And they didnt charge me £100 an hour, they charged me hee haw!!

Glad you got it sorted - what was the problem?

Had to change the wiring about a bit. Swapping the live from the bulb and the cigar lighter live. Dont know how it works but it did!!!

Succinctly put by Grober from This Post - (Fuse location W203)

.... the cigarette lighter is powered from a 15Amp fuse 47 in the engine fuse box -the glovebox lightswitch is powered from the same fuse 47. That fuse is in turn fed from relay4 in the same box which in turn derives its power supply from a 200A fuse4 in the smaller ENGINE maxifusebox the 200a fuse is unlikely to have gone or you would have more problems

Glad to know I was not losing my mind!!! :p

Mix up of marks then!! Mine is a W202!!
You helped me anyway so thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom