Cigar lighter removal and Park release

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSM10000

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E32O CDi Sport, MX5 1.8 Sport, Range Rover 5.0 SC, BMW X1
The cigar lighter in my W203 saloon does not light up at night,also the cigar lighter does not latch but there is power to the socket as I can use a charger.

Although I do not smoke I do like things to work properly, especially to illuminate where they should so how do I remove the assembly to change the bulb or replace it?

Also, the part where you push in a pen or screwdriver to operate the emergency Park release is exposed, it looks like there is a sliding cover but if so I cannot move it to the closed position, is there a cover? If so I will try silicon spray and see it it moves.

Thanks.

Any advice gents?

I've not done an MB but the normal thing is the outer cup is screwed into the base.
You need to get at the back and unscrew inner from outer. MB bits unclip like origami, easy once you know how, no idea me. With luck you will not need to remove it to replace the bulb.

The latching is the cigar lighter itself, the release is a bi-metal spring, it gets hot and lets go - they do get bent in and won't latch - or the bit that it latches on to in the cup needs easing out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom