Cigarette card collector on here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Druk

Gone but not forgotten - RIP
Car
2011 S212 E350CDi. 1981 R107 300TurboDiesel.
Anyone (of amateur status) interested in this subject? I have a small amount found in my mum's possessions and up for grabs.

Very interesting.... unfortunately I do not have room for any more collections.... :D

But just out of interest, what period are these from? Can you post some photos?

Perhaps worth a look on eBay to see what similar ones are selling for ?

I have a collection that came from my father. They include both cards in b&w and colour, covering subjects from warships to fish and footballers. I love the history associated with them. Always happy to provide a good home to more. :)

i have a black and white footballer set in a frame i think they are W,H,O WILLS

Very interesting.... unfortunately I do not have room for any more collections.... :D

But just out of interest, what period are these from? Can you post some photos?

They're from the early to mid 1930's. Mainly 1934 and 35. I've got one incomplete set that seeks to see into the future and is particularly prophetic. The trouble is getting them onto the forum. I'm working on it.

I have a collection that came from my father. They include both cards in b&w and colour, covering subjects from warships to fish and footballers. I love the history associated with them. Always happy to provide a good home to more. :)

PM sent.

I too have quite a collection, inherited from my father in law years ago, never sure if they're worth anything or not, may do a bit of research one day, also lots of what look like world war I or 2, black and white Postcards from France of various views and some bomb damaged buildings. :dk:

I too have quite a collection, inherited from my father in law years ago, never sure if they're worth anything or not, may do a bit of research one day, also lots of what look like world war I or 2, black and white Postcards from France of various views and some bomb damaged buildings. :dk:

Postcards are probably worth a bit more. We were at a stamp fair at the weekend and someone beside us paid £45 for a postcard showing the old Severn Valley Railway pre-Beeching. I overheard him saying it was because it showed a building that wasn't there any more and his collection was now complete :crazy:

If you have an Australian 2d red and the watermark is the 'correct' way up it's worth £1. With the watermark on it's side (a printing error) it's worth £35000

(Cue everyone diving for their old stamp collections) :D

Sounds like an interesting collection. I just love the history associated with these things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom