Citroen?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SimonsMerc

MB Enthusiast
Car
Merc S212 E350 CDI BlueEfficiency Sport 256bhp, Suzuki GSX-650F, Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Dynamic
Assuming a need for a 7-seater, and the E-class is not an option because the emissions are far too high ...what do people think of the Citroen Grand C4 Picasso?

Citroën UK - The New C4 Picasso

I had one as a hire car a while back, and I was very impressed with the build quality (and I'm used to high quality cars). The 1.6 litre 110bhp diesel engine with EDS is enough for the car, and only produces 140g of CO2, making it a very reasonable proposition as a company car. A hugely specced exclusive with literally all the options is easily in my price range.

Any opinions / experiences welcome.

Sorry mate, doesn't float my boat although from a company car tax POV it makes sense.

Engine wise they are good, same engine in the Ford Focus TDCi, Volvo S40/V50 which flanaia1 is driving about in and enjoying...

I doubt there will be the same pleasure derived from driving the car and performance it will be leasurely but if 7 seats are a must then these sort of cars become a nessesity. Other choices would be the Ford 7 seat S max or whatever they call it, as it will be better to drive.

The trouble with the S-max is that it's significantly more expensive, and more polluting. A fully specced S-max is close to an E220-cdi auto estate in lease-cost+tax!

-simon

We just got shot of the Picasso Sport (wifie car).

Just the worst bit of metal any man ever put together bar none. Build quality worse than crap. Just awful.

Sorry but that's it as I see it.

Assuming a need for a 7-seater, and the E-class is not an option because the emissions are far too high ...what do people think of the Citroen Grand C4 Picasso?

Citroën UK - The New C4 Picasso

I had one as a hire car a while back, and I was very impressed with the build quality (and I'm used to high quality cars). The 1.6 litre 110bhp diesel engine with EDS is enough for the car, and only produces 140g of CO2, making it a very reasonable proposition as a company car. A hugely specced exclusive with literally all the options is easily in my price range.

Any opinions / experiences welcome.

If you definitely need a 7 seater and low company car tax its about your only choice I would have thought. As *** points out the engine is the same as in my volvo V50 and they are now putting it in the V70 so I think it should be sufficient for the C4.

One of my colleagues has one of these but I think its a 2.0 diesel? it has a bit of a quirky gearbox, but the ride and handling are pretty good for a vehicle of this type and the space inside is immense, however they aren't screwed together particularly well, interior and exterior trim falls off regularly and they are a dog to work on (but guess that does not matter on a company car)

I've driven a lot of people carriers in the PR work I do driving to and from airports to events, the best by far is the Ford S Max, sharp handling like a car, brilliant on fuel, well spec'd and torquey as hell a nice exec carrier.

However I appreciate what you say about car tax and emissions and can see why you have ended up at the C4, must admit though if you are a high mileage driver like me, I could not live with it as my daily driver and would pay the extra tax for the S max. There was also some talk of Ford putting the 1.6 engine we are talking about in the S Max might be worth asking the question how far away it is because you would then have the best of both worlds, a sporty exec drive, 7 seats and low tax.

I had a C4Pic 2.0HDi Exclusive as a hire car the other day, auto box was nowhere near as good as a Mercedes box though, but the car had lots of toys. Just about everything was electronic, couldn't help but wonder how long all that stuff would last in a French car...

Lots of toys mean,lots of things to go wrong.Beautiful car,but is still a citroen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom