City Powder Coaters Birmingham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

npuk

MB Enthusiast
Car
A180 CDI Avantgarde SE (2008)
Bit of a long shot but if anyone is planning on making a trip to City Powder Coaters in Birmingham in the next few weeks from around London and you can fit an extra set of wheels please let me know.

Thanks.

are they that good? im in bham, would be worth knowing

Few members have had refurbs done by them. Search the forum for 'city powder' and you will find the threads.

I've seen evidence of their work. Least said the better. They're very cheap and you get what you pay for.

ive heard A1 are very good

Dont do it... The work is variable at best... go to A1 wheels in Wolves or if you have a spare couple of months go to Rimfurbish.

I've seen evidence of their work. Least said the better. They're very cheap and you get what you pay for.

+1

Depends on your expectations, but they were quick and it really tidied up a daily driver.

The wheels are also much easier to clean compared to the aged / corroded finish.

Seen plenty of reviews good and bad. It is for my sisters TT, I had a full refurb done for her last November and she has scratched all four wheels already. Dont see the point in paying again for a proper full refurb but at £20 a wheel at City Powder Coaters its cheap and at least they would look better than they currently do as where the paints come off you see the white primer and the wheels are Anthracite.

Last edited:
Hi NP!

If they're only going to get knocked about again (highly likely?) then I wonder if it's worth having this done at all?

May as well just wait until they need proper work and have them done then.

From what you have stated above, it sounds like they aren't going to remain refurbed long... :eek:

Thanks that seems a better idea, I think a brush would make it easier to apply though.

Will try this one, should be a close match as I asked them to do the wheels the same as the Titainium Grey Audi centre cap and the match was very close. VW AUDI Touch Up Paint Titanium Grey LY7P | eBay

How it looked after the refurb.

Attachments

• P1010552.jpg
    P1010552.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Do not use these jokers

Just had a spare set of elegance 2012 alloys recoated by them:eek: and they are shocking awful.

Like sand paper in places £20 a wheel is to good to be true.

really bad

I've used them with no issues at all. Again, I'm fussy and for the cost, not a problem.

Rimfurbish I've heard are good but expensive.

A1 are rip off merchants. They did my wheels and within 6 months the laquer had broken. Poor finishing and poor customer service............ and expensive. After they cocked up, I went to CPC and they sorted the alloys.

You pay for what you get INDEED!

One wheel has clearly not even been stripped as the rubber sticker from the old weights is still on the wheel powder coated over.

Beware if you pay £20 a wheel you get a rough job, I have learned my lesson the hard way.

I took the wheels back and they said sorry leave them with us pick them up next Saturday. Ok thought I happy with that. Turned up to get them, nothing done at all told can't be bothered to much to sort out you can have your money back.

I now have wheels in worse condition than before I sent them in but lesson learned for the future.

beware!!!

Seen plenty of reviews good and bad. It is for my sisters TT, I had a full refurb done for her last November and she has scratched all four wheels already. Dont see the point in paying again for a proper full refurb but at £20 a wheel at City Powder Coaters its cheap and at least they would look better than they currently do as where the paints come off you see the white primer and the wheels are Anthracite.

It may be cheaper to get your sister to learn to park or have better positional awareness? Also, maybe retake her test ?

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom