ckl 320 dipstick

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nutrunner

Car
clk 320 convertible
hi all im collecting my 03 clk 320 soft top tomorrow ive been told it does not have a dipstick so how do check the oil :crazy:

Via the instrument panel display, there is a menu that shows you if the level is correct, if not it will tell you how much to add. It is generally accepted that however much it asks for, add 0.5l less.

If you want a dipstick then try your luck on EBay or ask your local MB dealer.

Enjoy the car! :)

The "add oil warning is notoriously inaccurate !!
My V6 Diesel held 8.5 litres yet I drained only 5 litres from it and was NOT warned to "Add Oil"..

If you have the service menu as described below then it is a FAR more accurate method of checking the oiul..
Some Mercs have it and some don't...

Note: If the engine has just been running, let the vehicle stand for around 10-15 minutes before starting this procedure.

1. Make sure that your display in your cluster is set to the default Outside Temp setting, then turn ignition off. It will beep and the display will show battery voltage.

2. Now turn to position 1

3. Press the 'Reset' push button on the extreme left-hand edge of the instrument cluster quickly 3 times.

4. Turn the ignition key clockwise from position 1 to position 2 (second position).

Press the 'Up Arrow' on the left of the steering wheel ONCE. Hopefully it will show 'Oil level _._l' in the central display area)

Wait for 10 seconds or so for the oil reading to take place.. It will display something like 6.1 litres (or whatever)..

Ideally you want to keep the level between 6 and 6.5 litres (On a C270 cdi).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom