Cks grille w204

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

portal_96

Car
C250 CDI AMG Sport Plus
Evening, i purhased one of these for my MY13 w204 and it came today. I've wasted no time in fitting it but i'm slighy disappointed that it doesnt seem to fit right to the edges along the vertical sides... Has anybody else had this problem? I note the box it had come in says 'for w204 '07-on' have they sent the wrong one?! They seem to be shut and on holiday for a few weeks now so i can't ring them... Thanks

Evening, i purhased one of these for my MY13 w204 and it came today. I've wasted no time in fitting it but i'm slighy disappointed that it doesnt seem to fit right to the edges along the vertical sides... Has anybody else had this problem? I note the box it had come in says 'for w204 '07-on' have they sent the wrong one?! They seem to be shut and on holiday for a few weeks now so i can't ring them... Thanks
Hey mate, this is one thing I was worried about myself and still am. I have just ordered myself a new grill the c63 style grill for my w204 coupe, but made sure it would fit first. CKS stated that it fit's the couple, saloon and estate 2011 onwards. I'm hoping not to be dissapointed as I paid £125 for it.

I'll post my pics up once I get it and have it fitted on. I think you must of bought the pre-facelift model grill and not the new style facelift 2011 onwards one.

Hope this helps.

I got 1 of these C63 grilles from CKS. I had it for a week before I fitted it which was very easy. Unfortunately as you look form the front of the car the upper chrome surround hangs a little lower than the right hand side. I went abroad for a few days the same day so emailed CKS pictures of the fitted grille to which they said I need to remove the fir tree clip from the hanging side and place a washer behind it and then refit and that would sort out the problem. Did that and no different so rang them. They it must be me or the car as they have NEVER had 1 that doesn't fit before. They did say I could return it if it was in a resaleable condition (only done a couple of 1000 miles with it on and already a small stone chip) or pop in to them in Watford. I live in Lincoln!! I am going to move remove mine and refit it from scratch. I do have OCD with my cars and this not fitting spot on is driving me crazy........ :crazy:

I think you must of bought the pre-facelift model grill and not the new style facelift 2011 onwards one.

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

The box mine came in is for both pre facelift and facelift as they are the same fitting apart from the extra bit for the facelift which goes between the bonnet and upper grille surround.

The box mine came in is for both pre facelift and facelift as they are the same fitting apart from the extra bit for the facelift which goes between the bonnet and upper grille surround.

Oh okay, that's strange cause I've seen similar to what you have got on a saloon, and it has fitted perfect.

I hope mine isn't messed up and actually fits.

Hi Haroon
how did you get on with your CKS amg grille? did it fit ok? just about to get one myself...how easy are they to fit??
cheers
Stowboy

Hi Haroon
how did you get on with your CKS amg grille? did it fit ok? just about to get one myself...how easy are they to fit??
cheers
Stowboy

I got on well with it. Took a few attempts to get the grill off, but took a mighty push and a big click clack noise which was scary haha but It came off. When you put the new one on, it takes some effoft to get the grille to line up with the clip/tabs and push them in. Make sure the grille is fully aligned up with the bumper and you push in all the way.

The C63 grille I got from CKS was in two parts, so the grille itself and a chrome trim piece which attaches to the bonnet, you need to remove the rubber arround the bonnet lip before you mount the chrome trim on.

You will know what I mean once you get your grille. You get a leaflet showing you what you need to do.

One main!! thing I want to advise you on, is to make sure everything is fully aligned before you put the bonnet chrome piece on to get the best alignment and make it look flawless....

This is what mine looks like

I had one of these for my 2010 (60 reg) W204 saloon sport and had to return it as the bonnet would not shut properly on one side. They refunded my money okay but told me the same ie mine was the 1st one they had with any problems with the fit . Was really disappointed as it looked great on apart from the bonnet being slightly proud one side. Looks as if some fit well and some don't.

Hey Thanks Haroon, looks great,must admit it makes me nervous thinking about getting the old grille off...how does the top part attach to bonnet? are the insructions easy to follow-any chance of posting them up on here??
Cheers!

Hey Thanks Haroon, looks great,must admit it makes me nervous thinking about getting the old grille off...how does the top part attach to bonnet? are the insructions easy to follow-any chance of posting them up on here??
Cheers!

They are pretty striaght forward, it's just like a set of instructions you get in a kids toy box haha.

Yeah, sure, I'll post the instructions up soon.

thanks , look foward to checking it out so im prepared!

Last edited:
I optedfor the SL style grille on recommendation from CKS (single chrome slat without the chrome surround), looks absolutely superb and took two minutes to fit. Tap the old one out and slot the new one in, seamless!

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

thanks , look foward to checking it out so im prepared!

Here it is, sorry for the late reply...I have just managed to get the time.

Attachments

• CKS Leaflet.jpg
    CKS Leaflet.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 53

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom