CKS Performance ECU upgrade - Thoughts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pete W

Car
Diamond White C63 AMG
Hi All
When I bought my car it had already had a CKS Performance ECU upgrade and cross pipe fitted.

What are peoples thoughts on the CKS ECU upgrade and who's ECU upgrade is it actually or is it CKS's own ?

Link to ECU add on CKS site
AMG C63 ECU Remap AMG C63 ECU Remap [ECU-204-12] - £559.20 : CKS Performance

Best mpg I can get is 17mpg, would that be correct with an ECU upgrade ?

My thoughts on CKS aren't worth mentioning :eek:

Is that figure of 540 official, do you have a dyno printout?

Deleted by me due to my personal no bad mouthing policy. :)

Unfortunately CKS do not have a good reputation at all on the MB forum performance rooms...most use MSL, Eurocharged, GAD, dependent on UK location...as already mentioned any tuning work must be verified with before and after dyno runs to validate expected performance improvement:thumb:

Hi All
When I bought my car it had already had a CKS Performance ECU upgrade and cross pipe fitted.

What are peoples thoughts on the CKS ECU upgrade and who's ECU upgrade is it actually or is it CKS's own ?

Last edited:
Hi All

CKS are poorly thought of here and numerous other forums, you should do some homework on their reviews, in your position given your requirements, I would be taking my car to MSL, PCS, both euro charged agents, MSL, Weistec as well, and if wanting bespoke, West Tuning, there is also DMS, but I am not a fan of them myself, but they publicise themselves well in the media. Try a call to Acid @ MSL or Ollie @PCS;)

Are CKS still linked to Eurocharged for their maps? Maybe they pass them on to Eurocharged to do as Paul is next door?

Jules

CKS stuff usually high priced for higher profits.

CKS have a bad reputation for after sales service - Just check with Eurocharged (Paul) who are in the same row of units and regularly pick up work from their very dissatisfied customers :thumb:

TBA - MSL have a dyno day on the 18th September with special offers on re-mapping. Check out the events section

Last edited:
The ECU upgrade will just be a simple re-map.....some are good others are better.

Only way for certain to know which one you have is to put it on the Dyno.....a remapped car ( with a good map) should make around 520bhp.
As mentioned previously MSL have a Dyno day in September, get your name down and then you can confirm what sort of a map you have and whether you want it changing on the day.

From what I have read (member's personal experiences), CKS's stuff is not too bad but their attitude and after service is horrendous. They are not cheap either.

If something goes wrong, you'e on your own.

Go and see Acid @MSL or GAD Tuning

From what I have read (member's personal experiences), CKS's stuff is not too bad but their attitude and after service is horrendous. They are not cheap either.

If something goes wrong, you'e on your own.

Go and see Acid @MSL or GAD Tuning

Or Olly at PCS. He is a Eurocharged agent too.
Don't forget Paul and Andy at Eurocharged Watford.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom