CL 500: TP/tuning problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

David H Bristol

I have just joined this forum- very interesting! Have just got a Nov 2001 CL500. Superb vehicle ! The car was originally sourced in Germany, but immediately imported into the UK. It is a UK spec car. Comand seems OK, Nav, TV, CD, Tape and phone all seem fine. The problem is that the traffic program won't cut in and also the radio will not retune to the strongest signal. To get it to do this I have to select another preset and then go back to the station I want to listen to. When TP is off, (i.e.black in daylight mode) all stations are showing as TP, which I believe to be incorrect, when TP selected, it never cuts in. All stations are selected as RDS. The only other problem that I have had is that when you select SYS, and then want to select the country you are in, you cant. Although sometimes you can....! I would be grateful for any thoughts on the above. Have got it booked in, but would like to solve the problem first!

Welcome !

When you say TP is selected, what are you doing to select it ?

On my version of COMAND, you have to hold down the MUTE button in Radio mode on a TP station until the unit beeps - TP is then engaged.

S.

Yes, that is what I have to do as well. I feel sure that I am following instructions correctly, I have read and re read the book!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom