cl 600 v12

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

talbee

Car
cl600 v12
hi guys anyone know where i can get some shocks for my cl 600 2001 plate?

Feel free to let me know your reg, and ill let you know :)

Here we go:

Cars WITHOUT ride height adjustment:

Description: Sachs Shock Absorber - Front
Part No.: 635220980
Web Price: £150.00 (Priced Per Shock Absorber)
Forum Price: £112.50 Ea
Sachs - Euro Car Parts UK
0032312264.bmp

Description: Sachs Shock Absorber - Rear
Part No.: 635221010
0032312782.bmp

For Vehicles with Ride Height Adjustment

Description: Sachs Shock Absorber - Front
Part No.: 635220980
0032312264.bmp

Description: Sachs Shock Absorber
Part No.: 635220840
Web Price: £97.19 (Priced Per Shock Absorber)
Forum Price: £72.89 Ea
0032102309.bmp

Hope thats useful

Last edited:
Dont suppose you have any for DIW 111?

Are those prices correct?

I thought the C215 series V12 ran the same ABC suspension as the W220 V12.

I know mine were over a grand a corner on my old S600L (2001)

The prices are correct for those parts, however they are only ones i list for this vehicle.

Do you know the OE part numbers for the ABC parts, and i can cross ref them :)

Thats what im thinking about my CL55, would be nice though :)

I thought ABC was standard on the 215 CL600?

The parts listed above by ECP are incorrect for any w215. These struts are for w140. HTH

Those shocks are 100% incorrect.

They have ABC hydraulic dampers. £1150+vat each.

Look at eBay in the US... I got one for £200 second hand and it was perfect.

one thing to watch out for on used legs/struts

Look at eBay in the US... I got one for £200 second hand and it was perfect.

Just a quick heads up, alot of ABC struts in my experience will not always exhibit a visual defect e.g. oil leaking, turn rubber boot etc and look 100% ok. They can exhibit non frequent problems associated with the Travel Plunger Sensor which is an integral sensor at the top of each leg/strut, this is a non replaceable part. It will throw the ABC warning every now-and-again and gradually get worse. This is a common reason for people selling struts which appear to be visually fine, but you wont know until you fit, test and run with it for a few weeks. HTH

Just a quick heads up, alot of ABC struts in my experience will not always exhibit a visual defect e.g. oil leaking, turn rubber boot etc and look 100% ok. They can exhibit non frequent problems associated with the Travel Plunger Sensor which is an integral sensor at the top of each leg/strut, this is a non replaceable part. It will throw the ABC warning every now-and-again and gradually get worse. This is a common reason for people selling struts which appear to be visually fine, but you wont know until you fit, test and run with it for a few weeks. HTH

Oh really... Well so far, so good with mine, might have just been lucky!!! Fingers crossed!

yea it came up afew days after i did it and the front right shock was raised slightly higher than the rest (it was the rear left i changed).
I read before that air can get trapped in the system and it takes a while to come up.... Just circulated the suspension up and down afew times, the suspension adjusted itself automatically, and the warning went straight away... On the US forums other people that have done it have had to do exactly the same thing, its apparently possibly caused by not doing a rodeo as that lowers the car more than it would normally, pushing any air out.

yea it came up afew days after i did it and the front right shock was raised slightly higher than the rest (it was the rear left i changed).
I read before that air can get trapped in the system and it takes a while to come up.... Just circulated the suspension up and down afew times, the suspension adjusted itself automatically, and the warning went straight away... On the US forums other people that have done it have had to do exactly the same thing, its apparently possibly caused by not doing a rodeo as that lowers the car more than it would normally, pushing any air out.

Instead of air, it could be worth thinking about an improbable value being sent by the newly installed rear leg so the front right compensated to keep the car level (in the car ecu's mind,). The travel sensor error will clear upon restarting the car but eventually it will become a permanent fault. HTH

I see what your saying but surely the error would have come up straight away and would have come up again since? Ive done over 1500 since i installed it, and not had anything else come up!

Also I had it on a diagnostic machine machine today and no faults came up to do with the suspension at all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom