cl 65 de-restricter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

123go

dont know if anyone can help,i need to find out where i can get a cl65 and a cl55 de-restricted so they will do over 155mph.
also i need to find out how to get the tv unblocked so you can watch dvds etc whilst driving. any ideas would be greatly welcomed.

123go said:
dont know if anyone can help,i need to find out where i can get a cl65 and a cl55 de-restricted so they will do over 155mph.
also i need to find out how to get the tv unblocked so you can watch dvds etc whilst driving. any ideas would be greatly welcomed.

Maff should have the answer(s) to this.

go to www.r171.co.uk. find the shop section and select the contact page from there. ask them. they may help.

I was discussing this with Maff yesterday.

For the derestriction, you could use Birds or DMS. They can certainly handle the CL55, but not sure about the 65. DMS can but with a hefty price.

Watching telly during driving should be illegal if it isn't already. Can't understand y someone would want this. Unless it's for the passenger.

tv while driving is illegal. not that i would want to, but in my 2 seater it is ideal to keep the 1.4year old amused with dumbo. altho it doesnt stop him playing with the mirror control.

i dont think it is actually possible to watch and drive. you tend to find you crash an awful lot.

DMS Automotive will do the ECU to 650BHP on AMG65's and full deristriction.

wallingd said:
Watching telly during driving should be illegal if it isn't already. Can't understand y someone would want this. Unless it's for the passenger.

It is illegal thats why its disabled at the factory.

Interesting thread a while back about a bloke who got done for having a TV system in his car that was capable of being watched whilst driving. He got done even though it wasn't on at the time!

My car can do over 140mph. Does that mean I can get done for speeding even though I was only doing 70mph at the time!

chriswt said:
My car can do over 140mph. Does that mean I can get done for speeding even though I was only doing 70mph at the time!

What Alfie meant what that the bloke crashed and his insurance company used the "modified" tv to refuse to pay...

wallingd said:
Watching telly during driving should be illegal if it isn't already.
Rather than use a cd-changer I intend to pipe an mp3 player through my comand unit and it has a video output for menus, playlists etc. This cutting out at 5kph+ will be very annoying, so I'll get tv-in-motion enabled. That's one reason. How about using the comand unit for a parking camera? Another good reason :)

Looking at most of the currently available multimedia head units on the market, they have a separate switching circuit connected to the reversing lights, working on the exception of "Only viewable when in reverse, which has also switched in the AV feed for the rear camera".

Normal forward motions sees it return to viewing shutdown.

Now if you could sort the Comand unit to do the same...

unplug the tuner if you are unfortunate enough to crash! job done!

it is a distraction tho when driving, but so are women walking around in mini skirts!!

Alps said:
it is a distraction tho when driving, but so are women walking around in mini skirts!!

It's funny, I always found these to be an attraction, rather than a distraction.

I'm going to bump this thread into the engine section.

jeremytaylor said:
It's funny, I always found these to be an attraction, rather than a distraction.

Supurb reply. I whole heartedly agree.

Although I would say its a attractive distraction!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom