CL hunting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

abecketts

MB Enthusiast
Car
E280cdi, Disco2, Alfa 166 3.0 and tractors
My half hearted quest for a w140 CL continues, local to me was a pale blue CL500, I had my doubts when it failed to sell on ebay and getting a viewing with the vendor was a little tricky.

Comparing the car to the pictures was interesting as the drivers front corner had picked up another scrape on the drivers side front corner of the bumper, front window cracked and so the list went on, whilst it drove with no knocks and bangs on suspension, steering and through the gears and stopped in a straight line it was really just a breaker based on panel condition. The vendor was struggling for words when after the test drive I opened the bonnet and smoke is coming off the top of the engine, close inspection showed a lot of oil clearly the cause of the smoke

Vendor wants £3k i'd suggest he's living in a fantasy world and max £1k might just about be right

It has very interesting reversing sensors that popped up from the rear wings, is that correct? They didn't seem to work mind....

my sort of search continues

MERCEDES CL500 2 DOOR PILLARLESS COUPE 1994 For Sale on Car And Classic UK [C621489]

Not sensors...just a visual aid to show where the corners are.

Not sensors...just a visual aid to show where the corners are.

Wow, what will they think of next, I know they are barges with somewhat limited visibility but I can't say they really helped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom