CL203 08-11 220CDI 1st to 2nd jerk shift and engine rev surge (not during Idle)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drey27

Car
Mercedes Benz CLC 2008
I have a Class Coupe 2008 C220 CDI 5 Speed Auto with the following issues:

1) a jerking feel around 1800 revs (like as if another car lightly nudges me from behind) just before it shift to 2nd gear. Seems to happen when the car starts to warm up and not when it is cold.

2) Engine surge when in 1st, 2nd or 3rd gear only when cruising between 1200-1800 revs. The rev needle would climb to 1800 rev then drops to 1200 rev in a second with the same accelerator input. No Engine surge occurs during Idle and the surging worsens during cold weather especially winters.

Just some background history about this car - it had torque converter and valve body replaced last year. The car was given back to me (by the shop that repaired it) with this issues described after being told that it was the EGR and not the auto gearbox that was causing these issues. I recently had a friend to scan the car and we got the following DTC "2632-8 Check system "Charge Pressure Control" Charge pressure is to high."

I have a Icarsoft mb II but I do not have any data regarding recommended mercedes boost deviation guideliness etc.

Any insight or direction to diagnose would be a great help. Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom