CL203 55 plate C220 CDI SE Sports pack central locking etc.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SteveHamer

Car
CL203 C220 SE Evo pack
Hi everyone,
I have just bought a 55 plate C-Class coupe and it's got a few issues
1. remote locking doesn't work, fob is fine.
2. door switches don't operate interior lights.
3. radio reception is very poor.

Fuse 8 in rear box is good.
IR in fob works but does open the door even close up.
I am hearing different stories from local repair shops that it is likely to be the radio antenna amplifier but where they differ is in how that can be fixed. Some saying it is in the c post, some in the roof liner and some saying in the glass - the latter meaning a tailgate swap.
VIN is WDB2037082A838### as an American site said there are a number of different systems fitted depending on VIN.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Steve

Hi everyone,
I have just bought a 55 plate C-Class coupe and it's got a few issues
1. remote locking doesn't work, fob is fine.
2. door switches don't operate interior lights.
3. radio reception is very poor.

Fuse 8 in rear box is good.
IR in fob works but does open the door even close up.
I am hearing different stories from local repair shops that it is likely to be the radio antenna amplifier but where they differ is in how that can be fixed. Some saying it is in the c post, some in the roof liner and some saying in the glass - the latter meaning a tailgate swap.
VIN is WDB2037082A838### as an American site said there are a number of different systems fitted depending on VIN.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Steve
Hi Steve

I've just bought a 2008 C220 Sports coupe and have the same poor radio reception and no remote central locking. After some research the common problem seems to be the amp coming unbonded and away from the rear screen. You need to remove the top tailgate trim and you will see two black amp boxes attached to screen. I can see on mine the left side amp is loose. This is as far as I've got so far!! If I make any more progress I'll let you know.....

Cheers

Chris

Cheers Chris, maybe we can share progress notes.
The auto electrician here has a C class of his own and has traced it to a rear screen fault rather than the amplifier so far - watch this space.
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom