cl203 autbox problems when engine warm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Excalibur

Car
C-Class Coupe C200
I have owned my car for a week and discovered that there is a problem with the outbox when the engine is warm, rather than cold.
My daily drive is around 6-7 miles and when I make that journey, the engine and gearbox are lovely and smooth and a pleasure to drive, you barely notice the transmission changes.

A couple of times this week I have travelled around 20 miles and have noticed that towards the end of the journey (i.e. when the engine has had plenty of time to fully warm up), the gear changes feel a bit lumpy, especially from 1st to 2nd. I especially notice it when I am slowing down to a stop and when I take my foot off the brake to coast to a stop at junctions it often jumps/ jolts forward. It also happens a little bit when I am accelerating from stopped.

Most of the other gear changes seem fine, but engine can feel slightly less responsive and ever-so-slightly rough.

I've searched on google and not found any answers to this, as most of the gearbox problems seem to occur before the engine has warmed up rather than when it is warm.

Is it possible that the gearbox transmission fluid has been over filled? as i know that the fluid level changes a lot when it is warmed up? When I picked the car up, I drove it around 25 miles to a garage I know to get it serviced and I don't remember it doing anything weird.

Please let me know if anybody has any idea what can be causing this.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom