CL203 - LCD Display issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorgster

Hi All

Please forgive me if this has been asked before - I did a bit of looking and couldn't see anything too obvious.

I've got a 2004 C Class Coupe C220 CDI. I think this is a facelift car (not totally sure).

Anyway, the car is fine, but I've got a problem with the LCD screen in the center of the instrument cluster. Some of the pixels are lighting up when they shouldn't - see the image I attached to the post.

I've seen some videos online which suggest it's a DIY job to replace the LCD screen, but I can't seem to find anyone that sells them.

Can anyone help? Is this something I can fix, do I need to buy a screen, get it repaired? Where, rough costs (if known), etc? All help welcome. :)

Thanks
s

Attachments

• IMG_0099.jpg
    IMG_0099.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 32
Try these people, they seem to be offering W203 LCD screens:

AK speedo

Thank you, peeps. I've ordered the replacement from grumpyoldgit's post. Hopefully, I can actually do the work without screwing it up.

I've worked up some courage after watching the video below, which shows the same LCD panel, but in a different car. I'm **hoping** the technology (fittings/clips/etc) will be much the same in my car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hpDVJuMiK8

Keep your eyes peeled for my next thread which will be titled "Where can I get a replacement instrument cluster?"...

Good news - the part arrived this week, and I followed the video above.

The process was more or less the same. I had a moment of doubt when removing the speedo needles because the "ratcheting" noise when unscrewing them was daunting, and I panicked that I was damaging them. However, I gritted my teeth and went for it and was rewarded when they unscrewed, just as in the video.

If anyone else tries it, be sure that after you put the speedo needles (rev/temp/fuel) back on, connect the unit to the car and get them aligned correctly before re-assembling the whole unit. I did this, and was very pleased about it - I had aligned them wrongly and they needed adjusting.

Now I'm looking at the wonderfully glitch free display - couldn't be happier! Next will be alloy wheel refurb...

Merry Christmas!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom