Cl203 remote central locking not working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

3ayg

Car
w203 c220 cdi coupe & w124 230e - now 300D ;)
Right I've read so many threads about the rubbish design of the coupes central locking and radio amp but never actually found a deffinative answer.

I have a 2005 c220 cdi sport coupe that I can no longer lock/unlock from a distance and I'm hoping someone can help me figure this out, it's really starting to bug me now I shouldn't have to mess about to unlock my merc!

After about 6 months of owning the car the remote central locking stopped working but worked at the IR receiver on the door handle then just started working a couple of days later.

Then about 8 months later it's done the same thing but it's not fixing it's self this time. I've tried a new battery in fob, no joy.

Alot of people on forums have said the radio signal goes if the amp has gone but I get really good signal it picks stations up that my other cars don't.

I have checked all the fuses and none are blown, I have had all the boot trims off and checked all connections and all seem fine.

Does anybody have a clue how to fix this or how to find out if it's the amp for certain? Because the only answer I seem to come across is "you need a new back window and amp at about £1600"

When the car is 11 years old I refuse to take that as an answer! Anything is fixable I'm just at a loss now how it's done!

Cheers for any help in advance!

I expect it will be the receiver in the rear window. Common fault. Get it on a Star. It will help with diag.

Cheers, I'll get it plugged in this weekend and see what it says, is it true the back window has to come out to replace it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom