CL500 2007 Alarm keeps going off

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Mickcedes, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Mickcedes

Mickcedes New Member

Car:
    mercedes CL500
    HI guys, any ideas ? 20 secs after locking doors alarm goes off. It is a keyless go 2007 C216 CL500. I have to leave car unlocked over night to stop it !!!!!!

2. KillerHERTZ

KillerHERTZ Administrator Staff Member

Car:
    CLS63 AMG
    Alarm battery on its way out. Located in front wheel arch (wheel off job) and it comes as a complete unit - around £100. You will need a security torx bit to replace it.

3. optimusprime

optimusprime Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mercedes W124 260E M103
    First before going and purchasing a new battery unit at £100 take a look at the alarm switches on the boot and bonnet for corrosion . There may be some on the doors also.

1 person likes this.
  4. Dord1954

Dord1954 Active Member

Car:
    CLS 320 CDI
    Hi my alarm failed a couple of weeks ago although symptoms did not point to the siren (I had no sat nav or radio signal all fed from the same fuse as the alarm) I assume that the indicators flash at the same time as the alarm sounding so if you just disconnect the alarm and the lights dont flash after locking the car then I guess it is the siren that is at fault and being as your car is 10 years old (similar age to mine) its a pretty safe bet.
    the siren is quite easy to get at behind the front nearside wheel arch, I think I have a link to instructions somewhere

1 person likes this.
  5. Dord1954

Dord1954 Active Member

Car:
    CLS 320 CDI
  6. OP
    OP
    Mickcedes

Mickcedes New Member

Car:
    mercedes CL500
    Thanks for info, Ive had consumer battery checked and apparently its been drained quite heavily and just needs a full charge. fingers crossed

Tags: