CL500 ABC system preventative maintenance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 131833

Hi,

Advice very welcome on whether I should change the hoses on the ABC system. Bought car in February and well pleased with the car. I have changed the oil and filter in the ABC system and do not have a problem with it but read on here if hose goes the pump is wrecked and virtually writes the car of.

So is there any other maintenance I should be doing to prevent future damage? I intend keeping the car for a long time if it proves reliable!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't replace all the hoses, doing so could cost the same as replacing a faulty pump. But i recommend you inspect all the hoses and replace any that look like they may be worn/damaged or where you can see any wet deposits around the area where the rubber hose is clamped to a connector. Also check the accumulators and the valve blocks.

Read this if you haven't already done so.........

http://mercedes-abc-drive-carefully.blogspot.co.uk/

Last edited:
If it ain't broke don't fix it. The system likes to remain sealed and free from any contamination. Regularly check the Pentosin level in reservoir and inspect your hoses for leaks. Weeping hoses are a sign of coming problems. Keep an eye on the struts as they tend to leak as well. Rodeo helps to determine how strong your pump is. Fixing it is a DIY - resident ABC expert m2287 can help fix it on the cheap.

Excellent flowrider99, thanks for advice and an excellent guide to repairing system, just hope I never need to use it, but have copied and pasted it into a file for future use!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom