CL500 advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JayCJay

Hi all, great site.
Can anyone advise me on what to look out for on a Mercedes CL500.
A friend has offered me one, but it isn't a car that I would normally have looked at.
One drive later it is phenomenal.
I don't want to buy it with rose coloured glasses.:)

The only advice i can give, is to buy it. But seriously someone will be along to offer more advice on these cars.

Andy

Mechanically they are prety robust apart from the air suspension, if it has that.
Body wise they are a bit prone to corrosion on the rear wings and down the C pillar behind the wing.
Check all the windows for delamination of the glazing.

look for rust on the bottom of doors, roof and rear arches. double glazed windows are also known to delaminte. rust will be covered if full service history, but glass they don't want to know! its expensive at £500 for door glass & £400 for rear quarter + vat, apart from that its great

Make sure the ABC system is not leaking. It costs mega £ to fix.

Cl500

What year and spec is the vehicle?

Look out for corrosion on leading edges of rear wheel arches/bottom of quarter panel and also bottom of c-pillar where the pillar joins the rear quarter (underneath rubber seal).

Double glazed windows also start to delaminate after a number of years.

Generally otherwise ok but do check all electrics thoroughly...windows / sunroof and seat motors etc etc.

Hi all, great site.
Can anyone advise me on what to look out for on a Mercedes CL500.
A friend has offered me one, but it isn't a car that I would normally have looked at.
One drive later it is phenomenal.
I don't want to buy it with rose coloured glasses.:)

I just got one a great car a 2000 one just remember it cost £75000 then and if some thing goes wrong it will cost you! make sure you have a warranty and a full history of the car make sure every thing works before you hand over the money i was lucky i bought mine for a sunday car it only had 27000 miles on it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom