CL500 aircon not working, need advice

• Thread starter Deleted member 131833
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 131833

aircon not working so got a friend to recharge the system with correct gas, gas added and checked for leaks but still not working, no leaks using sniffer but system did not take as much gas as it should have possibly because pump not pumping.

Red light on economy switch refuses to extinguish.

Do I need something done using Star to get it going again?

Thanks in advance

aircon not working so got a friend to recharge the system with correct gas, gas added and checked for leaks but still not working, no leaks using sniffer but system did not take as much gas as it should have possibly because pump not pumping.

Red light on economy switch refuses to extinguish.

Do I need something done using Star to get it going again?

Thanks in advance

I’d have it plugged into star and see what codes are saved. Hopefully it’s something cheap.

Cheap and CL500 are two words that are not associated together:wallbash:

Will take it up to Forfar for star

You can go on youtube and look up W220 ac trouble shooting. The digital display will throw codes that you can look up and there's a guy from the UK who did a good job of documenting how this works. If you have an a/c charge and no a/c, your compressor may have failed. This happened to my S55 and it was all kinds of fun getting it replaced.

you need an icarsoft mb2 or similar to talk to the aircon system , mb switches aircon off on low gas because the gas contains the oil to lubricate the system and it wont turn back on until a human tells it thats its good to go . it really needs a scan though to find the fault because there are numerous things that stop it from working.

Found an article on line, press rest and filter for 5 seconds and the car does a diagnostic check on itself.

Faults now cleared so will try once again to have it re gassed and see if it works.

If you have cleared the fault using the ac panel buttons then it should work unless they emptied the gas?

Yes m2287 you are correct, gas added today and all is now working can only assume previous owner did not care if ac not working.

To reset fault codes press rest and filter buttons together for 5 seconds, display shows searching and lists fault code. then release the centre round button followed by the right hand one to reset.

Changed cabin filter too, it looked like the original MB filter, black in colour I thought it was a carbon filter but no, filter in CL500 is same as Peugeot 207. Now replaced with new Bosch filter.

Now all I need is really hot weather, I wonder which day summers falls in Scotland this year?:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom