cl500 - check the windscreen price

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Borys

MB Enthusiast
Car
2005 cl500
2002 Mercedes-Benz CL 500 Silver | eBay

Is this a rip off - price on the windscreen compering to asking in the add (4K difference)
I'm just thinking, dealers are lucky getting cars for no money as p/x and then like this cl - 10K plus
I still belive the price in the add will make him some money :wallbash:
Is it fair???
Or a mistake

Probably just has the windscreen price to try his luck to passing people who dont know any better, your average joe would probably think £10k is a bargain compared to the original £80k price!

I recon he probably paid 3.5k as a P/x

"Rip off" is a relative thing. In a free market economy any item is worth what any person is willing to pay for it.

Personally I find $60 Million for pretty much anything Picasso painted rather unfathomable.

It's up to the buyer to investigate the free market price of the item, which given the internet is a pretty easy thing to do these days.

For me it is dishonesty and using people's unexperiance is unpleasant-simple
Bad for the seller

As above, dealer is free to charge whatever they want. Question is how desperate are they to sell. Dealers exist to make money as a commercial business. Start high and drop price to shift it is fine with me. If nobody is prepared to pay the price then that is free market economy a work.

I don't see how it's either unfair or dishonest. So, he's got £10k on the windscreen as a starter for negotiations and seems prepared to accept half that. Even if someone were to pay him the £10k, what would be unfair or dishonest about it :confused:

Well to be fair if someone paid the 10k without doing their research they are pretty stupid, the car is worth whatever someone wants to pay for it....

He might have had the car up for sale for that long the pictures in the advert could be 2 year old.

Or 2 week old the way big petrols are devaluing at the moment.

I had to Google that name - I thought I'd not heard of that artist before. :doh:

I know nothing about football.

He's an artist alright, well known in the hostelries of Newcastle Quayside

on a serious note, its over priced at 5999, you can get a facelift version (without the ford mondeo dash) with similar milage for about 6500

Last edited:
Stupidity on behalf of the dealer, whether for the sticker price or for the ebay price, as one is clearly wrong :doh:.

There's always the "odd" buyer around, but probably not in the CL buying fraternity and if the ebay price is right (I've no idea) the dealer will be long time dead wating for Forrest Gump to appear.

may just be old photos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom