Cl500 drivers door swings open

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NobbyDean

Car
cl500
So I've had this cl500 for a month now and oh my I love it , a little question if anyone has had a similar experience, when I open the drivers door from inside it seems to accelerate to wide open position automatically, if I park near anything I have to keep hold of it so it doesn't collide, the passenger door seems to open and stay wherever it stops

So I've had this cl500 for a month now and oh my I love it , a little question if anyone has had a similar experience, when I open the drivers door from inside it seems to accelerate to wide open position automatically, if I park near anything I have to keep hold of it so it doesn't collide, the passenger door seems to open and stay wherever it stops
Never heard of this before. The CL doors are pretty heavy, so I would perhaps suspect worn or loose door hinges. Never looked on mine, are the hinge pins of the nut and bolt type so that you can tighten them? Purely a shot in the dark you understand!

Never heard of this before. The CL doors are pretty heavy, so I would perhaps suspect worn or loose door hinges. Never looked on mine, are the hinge pins of the nut and bolt type so that you can tighten them? Purely a shot in the dark you understand!
Just had a look old guy the hinges are just bolted straight on doesn't seem to be any adjustment possible, on a side issue when are the monthly meets at Barton restarting

I doubt the Barton meets will happen any time soon, but who knows?. Worth checking in on Veterans Garage facebook from time to time.

Has it always done this?

I’ve heard of this happening before and wonder if it is related to the hold strut which is supposed to hold the door.

I've had the car 2 months and it's done it since day 1 yes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom