Cl500 is sold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jockcl500

Car
Mercedes CL500 2008
Well I had been thinking of getting rid of my much loved CL500 W216 for quite sometime, and I have finally done it, I never thought it would be traded in for a Skoda, but that's what I have now, someday I will get another Merc when I find the right one.

Well I had been thinking of getting rid of my much loved CL500 W216 for quite sometime, and I have finally done it, I never thought it would be traded in for a Skoda, but that's what I have now, someday I will get another Merc when I find the right one.
You will have to change your username now buddy , maybe to Jockskoda :cool:

Interesting.
When I see the Skoda name mentioned I think of this:-
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And!
During Christmas last year, having sold an MB S600 & 2010 Rolls Royce Ghost as part of a restaurant/hospitality business sale, I had a hair up my backside to buy a used late model Lexus LS470 .
After a road test it didn't meet what I was looking for !
So its back to a choice Benz, & I am not a fan of the ML's and especially those curious "Oh $hit handles" ( as my missus calls 'em) mounted on the center console.
Oh well "zumat" will turn up ! 👍
Tuercas viejas

Well Skoda have come a long way since the days of the photo in a earlier post,for size and lugging the Skoda Superb Estate takes some beating and the amount of Octavia's used by Taxi firms is crazy,they seem to have built in the reliability that Mercedes has lost.

Well Skoda have come a long way since the days of the photo in a earlier post,for size and lugging the Skoda Superb Estate takes some beating and the amount of Octavia's used by Taxi firms is crazy,they seem to have built in the reliability that Mercedes has lost.
I wasn't really expecting to buy a Skoda, but I went for a test drive and was very surprised how good they are, handling and 0-60 time is excellent, the equipment level is good and the boot is huge easily fit the golf gear in it, but they are basically an Audi with a cheaper badge, so you would expect decent engineering.

I can remember the model in Tuercas post, in winter, the door handles snapped off. The myth then was that gearbox and engine where British Leyland.

I can remember the model in Tuercas post, in winter, the door handles snapped off. The myth then was that gearbox and engine where British Leyland.
Oh those would have been the paddle B/L handles found on "One leg crows" or "Marinas/Maxis even Landrover wasn't spared !!!
But No!
That car sported a version of Fiat's 125 stuff, a tad better, methinks from experience !
Still it wasn't all bad from B/L ! Or was it?
Hyundai took the Marina Fastback and turned it into a sales " pnenominnnnnneen" in the US , as the Hyundai Pony.
Prompted comments like "The British can't make cars , they are worse than the Italians at it" .
Then came the Sterling !

Oh Me Gawd ! :D :eek:
What was the remnants of B/L took the Acura and really screwed it up!
Left everyone shaking their heads in dismay. 👿
Tuercas viejas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom