CL500 Pickup Truck Massive Power?!?!?!?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

charlieheal123

Car
2000 CL 500 Pickup Truck?!?!
What Ho People!?

I have recently acquired a 2000 CL500 land barge for some reason unknown to me ahaha.

I am currently turning it into a pickup truck because a Hilux just doesn't float my boat... but as the CL is a barge it floats quite nicely ahah!!

Its gunna have a jaguar XJS rear section kinda and it'll all be jolly marvellous and very practical!!

However, I want to know how much power this gearbox can take cause i don't really know what I'll be doing to it?? Probably exhaust out the bonnet or out the side or something, probably get a turbo off of an old lorry and have that sitting on the bonnet, because why not ahaa, and ram a load of nitrous through the stock internals... and probably blow it up after a month!! oh well aha

so yeah if anyone knows how much torque this 'box can take I'd be very appreciative!

Any suggestions of other mad and plainly stupid things to do to this car go ahead!!

ahahah V8 poweererrrr

I would guess it has the 722.6 5g which should be good for 1000NM torque / 800BHP maximum.

Do some video clips of what you finally create if you can and do do it - would be amusing I imagine...

Hello Charlie. I'll have a drop of whatever you are on:D

The CL500 5 speed autobox should be good for 700nm of torque (520ft lbs)

If I'm wrong and you blow it up, doesn't sound like it really matters either:thumb:

Edit........ John beat me to it and probably more accurate figures too.

Edit........ John beat me to it and probably more accurate figures too.

Well - I know what the 722.6 in my E55K was capable of as I didn't want to get too close to it!

I am not sure if it is exactly the same box at every age as one goes back in time so you could be right.

If the vehicle is not intended to last more than a month - I would have thought it wouldn't matter too much! :D

(He's probably eaten some of Acid's famous chicken...) :bannana:

Do it..it'll be fun.

However, why the Jag IRS when what you have is very good..and has the hydraulic suspension...unless you're going to ditch it.

hello everyone!!

thankyou for the replies and telling me that I can basically throw as much power through the tranny as possible!!

Cant wait for all hell to be unleashed with this thing!

And yes, I'm planning on keeping the ABC suspension until it blows up aha (probably pretty soon, then ill just stick some coilovers in it!

And the flying rear buttress design of the jag is going to be used for bodywork!

and you can follow my insta @projectpickup1 for how its going so far and for all the videos and photos to come !!

ahhh, and PS, im not on acid... im high on life ;)

That has been done too many times already. Cut half the roof off, put a bulkhead behind the front seats and it's done.
Do something original.
I'm converting my CL600 into a speedboat at the moment.

That has been done too many times already. Cut half the roof off, put a bulkhead behind the front seats and it's done.
Do something original.

Ummm... If you can show me who's done it good sir, then I'm all ears aha! and it makes it even trickier cause the whole body of the Cl is aluminium aha!! good times!

And nice... can't wait to see the speedboat ;)

Do something original.

Good idea...certainly cheaper than the road tax you have to pay every year!!!

Ummm... If you can show me who's done it good sir, then I'm all ears aha! and it makes it even trickier cause the whole body of the Cl is aluminium aha!! good times!

And nice... can't wait to see the speedboat ;)

Not all of it...the wings and boot lit are plastic composite.

aha, aha, aha.

Why not go for the real thing?
1920px-2010_HSV_Maloo_%28E_Series_2_MY10%29_R8_utility_01.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom