CL500 - Purchasing help please

Seamster15

MB Enthusiast
Car
BMW Z3m & Audi C5 V8
Hello all,

I have a very good friend that is looking to replace his aged BMW 740 with this;

http://www.wyvern-carsales.co.uk/ve...in=&intMax=&RSpage=1&ID=630121&popup=&Modela=

Please the crowd help with this one? What should we be looking for on a CL500 ? Options etc. I know about the corrosion between the two metals but thats about all....

many thanks,

Simon

P.S I'm not convinced about the colour of the wood... is it Zebrano? if so it looks ok in the Whale, but not good here...

jaymanek

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
Lots of Mercedes!
thats extremely expensive.. see the one on my site for comparison ;)

Rust and elctrics all working are the main things on these.

nick mercedes

MB Enthusiast
Car
Ford Expedition
Hello all,

I have a very good friend that is looking to replace his aged BMW 740 with this;

http://www.wyvern-carsales.co.uk/ve...in=&intMax=&RSpage=1&ID=630121&popup=&Modela=

Please the crowd help with this one? What should we be looking for on a CL500 ? Options etc. I know about the corrosion between the two metals but thats about all....

many thanks,

Simon

P.S I'm not convinced about the colour of the wood... is it Zebrano? if so it looks ok in the Whale, but not good here...
Leaky shocks.

Trim falling off doors.

OP
OP
Seamster15

Seamster15

MB Enthusiast
Car
BMW Z3m & Audi C5 V8
thats extremely expensive.. see the one on my site for comparison ;)

Rust and elctrics all working are the main things on these.
Thanks Jay, yours looks very nice but my friend tends to keep his cars for a long time and likes to buy low mileage. Do keep me in mind if you happen across any low mileage examples....

Simon

jaymanek

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
Lots of Mercedes!
definately will do... although they are not popping up very often these days...

Dieselman

Banned
Car
Peugeot 403 Convertible
Thanks Jay, yours looks very nice but my friend tends to keep his cars for a long time and likes to buy low mileage.
In that case he would be better buying higher mileage cars as he is losing more by not doing so. Let someone else take a bigger hit.

OP
OP
Seamster15

Seamster15

MB Enthusiast
Car
BMW Z3m & Audi C5 V8
I agree with you, but he is kind of old school.

Simon

Last edited:

MBManInKen

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes S500 LWB (V220)
P.S I'm not convinced about the colour of the wood... is it Zebrano?
No, it's chestnut, same as in my car:

Looks actually very good in the flesh and is a bit different from the rest of the herd :devil:

pen-ultimate

Car
CL 500
I've got an '04 CL500 and I would recomend he gets a facelift model which, I think, came out in early 04. It has the 7 spd gearbox, different tail lights and a re-designed command screen (much bigger) and controls.

This example on Pistonheads looks a much better bargain - says me crying in my cornflakes and remebering how much I paid for mine 18 months ago :eek: But I don't care, the car is sublime. When I said to my daughter that I might have to sell it she said "What? To get a better car?..." How I laughed ;)

Cheers,
Nick

peterg1965

MB Enthusiast
Car
2019 Audi Q7, 2018 Mini Cooper S, 2016 Porsche 718 Boxster S
The CL500 on PH looks like an awesome car! That is amazing value and I bet the dealer would come down on price too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom