CL500 queery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ras8963

Car
CLS 350 CDI / C220 CDI
Hi, I am active in the market looking to buy a CL500. I am looking for one of the 7 speed updated models that came around I believe in 2004. Can anybody help me with a pointer of how I can best determine the precise update time and if there are any indicators if the car is the 7 speed or one of the earlier models?

Also as I am in complete ignorance can somebody explain how the CD player in the dash operates as speaking with a dealer today the satnav wasn't working and he suggested he would put a new disc in, am I missing a point, is it a download disc or does it stay in there?
Cheers Guys
R

The 7 speed came around late 2003 from memory, in tiptronic mode you can select gears 1-6, Drive is the 7th gear... if its a 5 speed you will only be able to select 1-4.

The nav cd stays in the comand system, music CD's go in the changer in the boot.
You can use the front loader for music CD's but then you cant use the Nav.

What is your budget for a CL 500?

When they have finished painting the bonnet I will have one for sale. It kissed a lampost during the snow, (no airbag deployment) just bent the bumper and bonnet, had new rad, and headlight. Because it's a complicated car it's taken ages to get right.

It's had a a two hour check out via MB in Brum and given the all clear.

2003 / 53 (facelift model) in silver with black leather, FMBSH, 1 owner plus me, 60K miles.

What is your budget for a CL 500?

When they have finished painting the bonnet I will have one for sale. It kissed a lampost during the snow, (no airbag deployment) just bent the bumper and bonnet, had new rad, and headlight. Because it's a complicated car it's taken ages to get right.

It's had a a two hour check out via MB in Brum and given the all clear.

2003 / 53 (facelift model) in silver with black leather, FMBSH, 1 owner plus me, 60K miles.
Hi,
Budget £10-£13k, I do have my "eye" on one at the moment, an 04 that ticks all but 2 or 3 boxes.
Perhaps you might PM me with a few photos and idea of your value I guess I am "still in the market"
Cheers
Roy

Mine (2004, 7 spd) has a 6 disc changer in the boot and also a separate DVD/CD player for the Nav system. The CD player in the CMD unit I use for music CDs.

I'm not sure if that is standard fit, but if you look in the boot on the LHS that's where the 2 players are.

Roy

I can't PM you it seems

There are photos here

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

I don't have a clue as to price - I'm certainly at the lower end of your budget

I'm supposed to get it back this Friday - with a clean bill of health from MB.
Hi, Thanks.
Looks like PMs cannot be sent until a 30 post count has been exceeded......I may need to post 20 hello's....:wallbash:..(only kidding admin).
I dont really want to stick my email addy on an open forum so will give some thought to make contact...once i have discovered this perhaps I can ask for some more details.
all the best
R:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom