CL500 reverse gear mirror dipping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NobbyDean

Car
cl500
Does anyone know the procedure to get the passenger door mirror to dip so you can see the kerb when reverse gear is selected, I've tried a few things but dont have an owners manual.

As far as I know this is part of the electric memory seats pack - does your car have this option?

Yes it's got the memory seats it's the set up process I don't know, I've only had the car 4 days so it's a big learning curve especially without a manual, getting there tho as there are some very helpful people on here

Not sure if it's the same as your car, but have a look at these:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Or this:

Thanks Mark I've got the seats/ steering wheel set up with the memory function I just cant get the passenger door mirror to dip to show the rear wheel/kerb when in reverse, I've kind of done a bodge job by putting the dipped mirror position into the memory 2 function and pressing that just before I park but I think I'm missing the point somewhat

Here's the owner's manual

I can't climb into my car at the moment to check, but isn't this a Right / Left mirror adjustment button issue?

That the mirror that dips is the one being currently controlled by the adjuster button by your right hand?

Click to control the right hand mirror, and that mirror will drop. Click to the left, and that will drop instead.

(I may be confusing with with BMW which certainly works that way, but worth trying)

Hi
Just leave the passenger mirror selected on the mirror adjustment switch.

usually they dip when the mirror switch is flipped to the passenger side mirror.

As per my old video:

Set the car to reverse, use the buttons to adjust the mirror to your liking. press M+1 or whatever memory number you want to put it in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom