CL500 to go, suggestions for price?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Goenry

Car
CL500
Hello! After 20 months with my CL500, I have reluctantly decided to offload and move onto something a little more economical. I've got it up on Autotrader, 2000 MERCEDES-BENZ CL CL500 2dr Auto Coupe if anyones interested please have a look! The reason why i'm posting today is because I'm dont know if I'm being realistic with the pricing, seeing as I've had some positive feedback from the mechanics when I took it in for an MOT a couple weeks ago, and it is in really good nick and packed with extras so my pricing it at £6795. If it is grossly off the radar, i'd like to hear what others think it is worth, So...how much would you guys pay for this car?

Hi, I think a good indicator if priced correctly will be the amount of intrest shown, or lack thereof.

If only Autotrader had the sort of ticker that you see on ebay, or even on this forum, so you know how many people have seen the advert!

Aside from those emails from 'an interested buyer abroad using a courier service to pick up vehicle' and some 'SSttretch your canvasss!' calls i've not had any real interest, but only been up a couple days so just taking advantage of this forum in the mean time to see what others think!

Hi, I have a CL600, great cars both,however,most people these days want something that will seat six, room for a large dog, 0 to 60mph in under 5 sec, and does 75 miles on a sniff of an oily rag. On the other hand, there are people like you and I, it is just a matter of finding one. Good luck.

Have you looked at trading it in?

If you have, how much did they offer you?

Glass

Sounds to be in the right ballpark pricewise if its in as good nick as you say. However in today's financial climate and at this time of year you may have to drop the price slightly to get a sale? It really depends on what buyers -if any -- are out there for your car.:dk:

I would remove the references to what your mechanics say and instead detail what has been done. AIRMATIC? Rust? Aircon? Delamination of windows? Broken door wires for the speakers....all the things that a genuine buyer of a C215 would be looking for in an advert.

Thanks Graeme, what would be a good time to sell if you're suggesting this time of year isnt good for selling? hugely dependent on whether there is any buyers out there looking for a CL500 of course, so I guess its down to a bit of luck if there is someone looking for one!

Very long shot - but have you tried selling it to Mercedes (you know they sell approved used cars...)?

Thanks Graeme, what would be a good time to sell if you're suggesting this time of year isnt good for selling? hugely dependent on whether there is any buyers out there looking for a CL500 of course, so I guess its down to a bit of luck if there is someone looking for one!

Spring / Early summer is reckoned to to be the best time. Run up to Christmas tends tomean other things on people's minds- but you never know as you say if there's a buyer out there.:dk:

I would remove the references to what your mechanics say and instead detail what has been done. AIRMATIC? Rust? Aircon? Delamination of windows? Broken door wires for the speakers....all the things that a genuine buyer of a C215 would be looking for in an advert.

thanks for the advice, advert re-worded to fit in some of your suggestions!

Very long shot - but have you tried selling it to Mercedes (you know they sell approved used cars...)?

It's too old for Mercedes to sell. You could trade it against something but they would be passing the car straight to the best-bidding trader and that, plus whatever you negotiate which comes off of what you want to buy, would be the price to change.

I think you would need to take a large pot of Vaseline with you, even if you offered it directly to a trader.

You are best off selling it yourself.

Goenry, nice car, but have you thought about taking some better pics?

Those first two shots are rather dark, may be worth driving it to a local part or somewhere and taking some lighter shots, just a thought.

Good luck with sale.

Hello! After 20 months with my CL500, I have reluctantly decided to offload and move onto something a little more economical. I've got it up on Autotrader, 2000 MERCEDES-BENZ CL CL500 2dr Auto Coupe if anyones interested please have a look! The reason why i'm posting today is because I'm dont know if I'm being realistic with the pricing, seeing as I've had some positive feedback from the mechanics when I took it in for an MOT a couple weeks ago, and it is in really good nick and packed with extras so my pricing it at £6795. If it is grossly off the radar, i'd like to hear what others think it is worth, So...how much would you guys pay for this car?
How many miles has it done? If you go to the Vauxhall website under finance you can value your car using CAP data. If its done 75,000 miles they value it at £3k to £3.5k.

Goenry, nice car, but have you thought about taking some better pics?

Those first two shots are rather dark, may be worth driving it to a local part or somewhere and taking some lighter shots, just a thought.

Good luck with sale.

THIS!

I dont mean to be rude, but you need to put some effort into the photos if you want it to sell. drive half a mile to the local park or somthing!

Take a photo of every angle, including the engine bay. and come on give the exterior a decent clean! :doh:

Very nice car.Probably it's worth the money you asking for.Problem is buyers.Be honest for that kind of money you can find a cl55 or a w220 after facelift.I saw cl's going for less then 4K.With these cars usually is a safe buy as they are not abused.Big engine, not many can afford to floor it all the time.
There is a saying that every car got it's buyer so just wait.

How many miles has it done? If you go to the Vauxhall website under finance you can value your car using CAP data. If its done 75,000 miles they value it at £3k to £3.5k.

£3k is about all CLs are worth, the nightmare of ABC costs has doomed them.

I don't get it. If the cl500 is worth 3K what about w140 cl's shall we scrap them?
Uk car valuation is rediciolous we need a nuke to sort this counrty's grid out LOL
It's just annoying sorry.All other countries are more respectfull for peaple's hard worked for and spent money.

I have been lazy, but its not been easy what with the early dark evenings and the incessant rain from having the car in prestine condition for a photoshoot! i've taken some this morning which is slightly better, but will give give it a wash and head to a nicer location in the afternoon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom